Convince me to not go from CDJs back to Traktor - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    do whatever you want
    I don't know why the thread kept going after this...

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    I don't know why the thread kept going after this...
    Yeah, why do we even have a discussion board when you can just do whatever you want all the time

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    Yeah, why do we even have a discussion board when you can just do whatever you want all the time
    Just teasing, but I realize sometimes that doesn't come across super well in text. Not trying to be a whiny pissbaby, just trying to make a joke

Either way, if you're in a small college town now, when you end up in a bigger city you might not have the most room in the world for a big full setup, so a controller might also make it easier for you to move around and such. I had adequate room for a mixer and two turntables set up when I was in college, but now I have the mixer and two smaller CDJs stuffed away on a tiny desk in a walk in closet (which is a closet first and my DJ room second).

sell em , buy techs.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Guru

I got the SX, and I like it a lot.

I still need to figure out how to quickly access FX/find my favorite FX. it's weird being able to control so many parameters again too. I still don't like using Traktor as much as CDJs because it feels like information overload sometimes, but I think it's just relearning the software.

I am probably gonna sell my CDJs and DJM!

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I got the SX, and I like it a lot.

I still need to figure out how to quickly access FX/find my favorite FX. it's weird being able to control so many parameters again too. I still don't like using Traktor as much as CDJs because it feels like information overload sometimes, but I think it's just relearning the software.

I am probably gonna sell my CDJs and DJM!
    SDJ lets you designate a favourites list to reduce the number of options when you shift-click the FX buttons to select

For me that wasn't enough given I really wanted to switch to a specific effect as quickly and reliably as possible (pref without lookign at laptop). Ended up mapping an X1MK1 so that it would give its buttons all mapped to the same midi note that the FX select was mapped to, then gave all of the redundant buttons different CC values so a button press would jump to a specific effect from the drop down.

No longer using that method now that i'm using an NS73 with it's screens that just says which effect is where without needing to stare at hte laptop screen. Maybe you could consider a Numark dashboard to go with your SX...

Tech Guru

Yea, I think you nailed it on the head.

The Pioneer FX are easy to switch to quickly. I'd love if the FX labels were bigger (of course, I know I could just label them myself physically). I also think I just get overwhelmed with all the different variations of the basic delays and reverbs!

I need to spend a week just messing around with the FX and learning them.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    exactly

problem solved. ill be closing this thread now

Zomo MC-1000
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123