Vestax vci 400 ean golden sound card problem
    Tech Wizard

Default Vestax vci 400 ean golden sound card problem

Hey every one,

I am currently having an issue with my Vestax vci 400, the sound-card is not playing at a very good volume, when i plug in my rokit speakers i cannot raise the volume very much and when i plug them in to my Audio 6 soundcard it sounds perfect. I dont know if this is an issue because the sound-card in the vestax vci 400 is not as good as the audio 6 but for some reason the volume is very low with13072799_1704608899779335_5683977100628024646_o.jpg the vestax vci 400, can some one help me ? Thanks !

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Could it be just the master volume knob in Traktor?

Tech Wizard

Nooo i checked, it is very weird because i have my 2 rokit speakers and when i use them with my audio 6 they sound amazing i can't even go half way because it is already to loud and when i plug them in to the soundcard on the vci 400 i max the speakers and you can hear but not that loud ..

Tech Wizard

Have you set the levels in the output properties? Go to Playback setting > right click on Vestax VCI 400 playback and go to properties. Go to 'levels' tab and set adjust the slider to higher position.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Envinite View Post
    Have you set the levels in the output properties? Go to Playback setting > right click on Vestax VCI 400 playback and go to properties. Go to 'levels' tab and set adjust the slider to higher position.
    I cannot find these settings in my traktor 2.6 on my MacBook Pro. Something went wonky on an update and my effects are all screwed up on the newer versions so I'm stuck at 2.6 until I get time to sort it out.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Go to "Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI App" If you can't see the Audio window press CMD + 1 on your keyboard. Finally select your VCI from the list and make sure all faders are at 1 on the OUTPUT tab.