900SRT vs Traktor (I can't get connection)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 900SRT vs Traktor (I can't get connection)

Hi All!

Don't know if it's a stupid question or not, but has anyone had any luck getting a DJM900SRT to work with traktor?

I know it's a 'should have bought a nexus' scenario; but it's not that ideal kind of situation. I'm jumping from Serato to Traktor, at the same time as 2 decks to 4. I Added a pair of D2's (thank you stem sale!) to my XDJ/DJM setup, banking that I could use the sound card in the 900SRT for Traktor's outs.

I had read that people were hacking the very same mixer for Time Code and T.Scratch; so I hoped for just plug and play. I was hoping to feed each deck into the DJM on USB channel select, and mix externally; but failing that I'd even go internal and just midi map the DJM (although I lose the sweet onboard fx)

After hooking up all the USBs, I've got native control on the D2s, Native Control on the XDJs (HID, so no DVS/Timecode requirements); but the mixer doesn't show as an audio device, just HDMI (TV screen) and the out's on the two XDJs.

I've got up to date Traktor (downloaded the last week), and the DJM is running current firmware/drivers. Mac's on OSX el Captain (current).

Is there a step/file/driver/option I'm missing, or am I just pissing into the wind here? It's INCREDIBLY frustrating having full control over all four decks, but no sound/mixing ability. Can I work this, or do i 'just need a nexus' (or sound card)?

Thanks much

You don't need a nxs version. Your problem seems to be that your mac doesn't see the srt's audio interface (and of course, then the srt audio interface cannot be listed in traktor also). Check for possible el capitan-pioneer issues, that might be a clue (I seem to remember that there was a problem, then pioneer released new drivers - are you sure you installed them? When people are too lazy to state exact driver/firmware versions I get suspicious).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Fair enough on the not exact versions. I literally updated the mac from mavericks to el capitan days ago, for this exact reason. Same with traktor and drivers, I re-installed everything current (or so I thought) just before typing up this thread. due diligence, right?

Now that I have a dialogue, here's my digits:
    Mac is on 10.11.5, el captain
    Traktor is 2.10.2 9
    900SRT is V 1.12, it's drivers are 1.1.1.

The SRT doesn't show in traktor, however, when I go to route channels I see 8 available "ins" labelled SRT-0 to SRT-7; but I can only select one for a single slot, then it resets any other choices to default (none).

The SRT DOES show in system preferences, as an audio output device, right next to my TV/Apple TV/etc in the system preferences.

THANK YOU very much for the feedback thusly. even knowing where to point my trouble shooting is very helpful. D2's make frustratingly expensive paperweights. Also knowing it's possible is good. I was getting redirected to Traktor Scratch stuff, and that hex-edit-certify-mixer-hack-thingy. Pretty high chance I'd have tried that if not for this thread.

As a side note; I can only find 2x FX banks on my traktor. Not that I need any FX until I get sound; but shouldn't there be 4x? Or is there some kind of failure on my part to authorize/activate? (and could my sound card issue be stemming from that?)

Tech Guru

you need to turn on the other 2 fx banks in the settings.

are you set to external in your audio settings?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

External Mode.
    Can only pick the XDJs (one or the other), or HDMI as audio device.
    Under Output I can/am able to set 900SRT OUT 0-7 to Decks A-D, and they all 'stick'

Same for Input, SRT Out 0-7 'stick'

Thanks for the FX tip. (one down!)

So now I'm getting noise outta the mixer (YAY!!!!!), which is awesome, but I'm getting random, irregular garbles and distortion. HDMI (core audio) is selected as audio device. IF I select an XDJ, the sound and meters go dead.

Something's definitely not right, but I'm getting closer.

Thanks gents, so far.

Input selector switches on the mixers should be set to USB.
    And I think we'll need to see your Traktor Preferences (Audio(show us all of the audio interfaces available)/Output/Input).

Some other things: show us how the Pioneer setup utility looks like. It should launch every time you connect the mixer to the laptop but you can find it if you click [MACINTOSH HD] icon-[Applications]-[Pioneer]-[DJM-900SRT]-[DJM-900SRT Settings Utility].

Deck select are USB

Here are screens (I just learned mac screenshot)

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 5.18.15 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-05-27 at 5.20.28 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-05-27 at 5.20.37 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-05-27 at 5.17.22 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-05-27 at 5.17.40 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2016-05-27 at 5.17.57 PM.jpg

EDIT: those are really small....

New development;

When I yank out the HDMI, 900SRT (core audio) replaces it.

On top of that, it seems to work at this point; but only the XDJs. The D2's seem to control the software, but the screens show the 'connect traktor software' orange lasery background.
    Last edited by EvolutionaryFault; 05-27-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionaryFault View Post
    EDIT: those are really small....

New development;

When I yank out the HDMI, 900SRT (core audio) replaces it.

On top of that, it seems to work at this point; but only the XDJs. The D2's seem to control the software, but the screens show the 'connect traktor software' orange lasery background.
    Yeah, they are too small to be useful.
    But, you already understand what you need to do: under Audio you need to have "900SRT Core Audio" selected (with apropriate latency and buffer values), under Output routing for deck A is ch 0/1, deck B is 2/3,......etc (depends also on how you want to have Traktor decks sorted on the mixer's channels: ABCD or CABD). On the 900SRT Utility everything is set ok, that I can see.

Why was HDMI blocking the 900SRT drivers - I have no idea. What was connected with the HDMI? On the D2 issue I also don't understand how they can control Traktor without the screens working - have you changed something regarding them? How is everything connected?

did you get this to work?

The SRT is not Traktor Scratch Certified.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast