USB Problem: Corsair Survivor Stealth USB Drive 64GB [First Post]
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Newbie Liyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Wales.
    Posts
    4

    Default USB Problem: Corsair Survivor Stealth USB Drive 64GB [First Post]

    Hi guys this is my first post here on the forums so I hope I'm posting this in the right place!

    Basically I'm having a massive problem with my Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth 64GB.

    I bought this at the very end of March and I haven't been able to use it at all since I bought it.. This is my issue:

    When loading the USB onto a my Pioneer XDJ-1000's no Rekordbox Database is loading. All of my tracks are on the USB stick because I can load them through browsing through the contents folder, to the artists and than the track itself. Which is completely useless for me.. so I have no playlists, artist information, or other rekordbox information coming up when I insert the USB into either of my XDJ's (It also takes a long time for the XDJ's to recognise the USB). I've never had a problem with my previous USB stick (Kingston 32GB) I just load up the playlists through Rekordbox and bam it loads on the XDJ's just fine! But this Corsair USB is causing nothing but problems and hasn't worked at all yet..

    So what I've done so far:
    - Made sure that both XDJ-1000's are updated to the latest Firmware.
    - Double formatted the USB on Windows to FAT32.
    - Formatted the USB on Mac to FAT32.
    - Formatted the USB on both Windows and Mac using an external piece of software to FAT32.
    - Tried transferring the playlists on both Rekordbox version 3 AND 4.
    - Tried transferring one playlist at a time (maximum of 900 tracks at a time) just incase the USB would not let me transfer so many at one time.

    After doing all of this the USB will not longer be recognised when I plug it into my Windows PC but recognises it on my MacBook Pro.

    I'm massively stuck here guys I feel like I've tried everything to get this thing to work! I can't even return it or ask for a replacement since it's been like 2 months

    So I'm just asking does anybody have any other suggestions for me to help out here? Because I'm all out of ideas and any help would be massively appreciated!

    PS - My equipment I'm using if it helps is:
    Macbook Pro 2013 Edition
    Zoostorm Windows PC
    Pioneer XDJ-1000's & DJM-900 Mixer
    Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth 64GB
    Kingston Flash USB 32GB

  2. #2
    Tech Guru SlayForMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    You said you never had a problem with previous USB stick? Do you still have it? If you do the export from Rekordbox the same way as you are doing it now with Corsair does it work?

    I did a fast google search and seems others have had issues with them. One of the solutions was to use "HP Disk Format Utility", try that.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor PartyMcFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    455

    Default

    You should also format the drives with the MBR (master boot record) option ticked if that option is available to you. On OS X 10.11 it's one of the disk options you have. I don't remember exactly where it is on Windows but it is pretty easy to find.

    This is just in my experience; recently I couldn't get Rekordbox to recognize a USB drive I formatted with a GUID partition map just to see if it would work.

    Also don't rule out that USB stick being broken, it's not unheard of to receive a dead one out of the package.

  4. #4
    Newbie Liyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Wales.
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    You said you never had a problem with previous USB stick? Do you still have it? If you do the export from Rekordbox the same way as you are doing it now with Corsair does it work?

    I did a fast google search and seems others have had issues with them. One of the solutions was to use "HP Disk Format Utility", try that.
    Yep I still got the previous USB! If I export from Rekordbox the same way with the Corsair as I do with the previous USB it still just shows 'Contents' on the Corsair when I load up Rekordbox :/ But then shows all my playlists on the Kingston 32GB USB!

    I haven't used "HP Disk Format Utility" as of yet so I will give that a try and let you know the outcome thanks!

  5. #5
    Newbie Liyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Wales.
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PartyMcFly View Post
    You should also format the drives with the MBR (master boot record) option ticked if that option is available to you. On OS X 10.11 it's one of the disk options you have. I don't remember exactly where it is on Windows but it is pretty easy to find.

    This is just in my experience; recently I couldn't get Rekordbox to recognize a USB drive I formatted with a GUID partition map just to see if it would work.

    Also don't rule out that USB stick being broken, it's not unheard of to receive a dead one out of the package.
    I read about MBR after writing this post and formatted it to FAT32 with MBR on my Macbook Pro, I synced 2 playlists from Rekordbox onto to the Corsair and all of my playlists showed up on my XDJ-1000's! I then plugged the USB back into the Macbook Pro to add more playlists onto the USB.. Plugged back into the XDJ's and bam all it showed was "Contents" on there again with no playlists and it says "Rekordbox Database Not Found" :/ It's confusing it feels like its resetting itself each time I sync through Rekordbox..

    I agree a few of my friends have said it could be an issue with the USB itself! I've contacted the store I bought it from (bought it from the mymemory.com store off eBay) and they said this "
    Thank you for your message. We would advise you to check directly with your turntable manufacturer the USBs that are compatible. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused." I told them it wasn't the turntables because I know they are compatible as I've checked the USB on CDJ2000's and it doesn't work on there either :/

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liyle View Post
    I read about MBR after writing this post and formatted it to FAT32 with MBR on my Macbook Pro, I synced 2 playlists from Rekordbox onto to the Corsair and all of my playlists showed up on my XDJ-1000's! I then plugged the USB back into the Macbook Pro to add more playlists onto the USB.. Plugged back into the XDJ's and bam all it showed was "Contents" on there again with no playlists and it says "Rekordbox Database Not Found" :/ It's confusing it feels like its resetting itself each time I sync through Rekordbox..

    I agree a few of my friends have said it could be an issue with the USB itself! I've contacted the store I bought it from (bought it from the mymemory.com store off eBay) and they said this "
    Thank you for your message. We would advise you to check directly with your turntable manufacturer the USBs that are compatible. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused." I told them it wasn't the turntables because I know they are compatible as I've checked the USB on CDJ2000's and it doesn't work on there either :/
    Hello,

    Does somebody already have a solution for this mayor problem?

    Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •