Allen & Heath DB4 channel swapping and Traktor map
    Tech Wizard

Default Allen & Heath DB4 channel swapping and Traktor map

Hi

I'm due to get a new DB4 on Friday and wondering if you can use the channels like on the S4 which I had been using for a few years before purchasing the DB4. I would like it to be CABD. Also is there a good mapping for it too. I've got a X1 which will be fine but also purchased an K1. I'm only needing those for playing looping etc. Is there a decent K1 map for simulation what a X1 can do. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

That is no problem, just assign the output 1/2 to C, 3/4 to A 5/6 to B and 7/8 to D in traktor using the db4's asio driver.

You can also assign directly on the db4 but its better to do it like this, i like to double a track assigning 2 channels to the same number and run the effects filtering out some parts for example.. the db4 is very flexible in this. On the A7H Website yopu can find some mappings for both the DB4 or the K1

http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xonedb4/
    http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xonek1/

also check if your db4 has the latest firmware !!

also sync the db4 to traktors midiclock, the looper function will work better and the effects are always spot on .
    Last edited by ragverp; 05-26-2016 at 06:09 AM.
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    That is no problem, just assign the output 1/2 to C, 3/4 to A 5/6 to B and 7/8 to D in traktor using the db4's asio driver.

You can also assign directly on the db4 but its better to do it like this, i like to double a track assigning 2 channels to the same number and run the effects filtering out some parts for example.. the db4 is very flexible in this. On the A7H Website yopu can find some mappings for both the DB4 or the K1

http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xonedb4/
    http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xonek1/

also check if your db4 has the latest firmware !!

also sync the db4 to traktors midiclock, the looper function will work better and the effects are always spot on .
    Cheers for that mate. Forgot to mention I'm running Traktor on a MacBook Pro so I won't have ASIO drivers right? I will update my DB4 to the latest drivers as soon as I receive it. So I will midi sync the DB4 over usb in Traktor settings? I want to use the DB4 on board functions and use A&H K1 & NI X1 for transporting, play, cue & looping etc.
    Last edited by dj finn; 05-27-2016 at 08:00 AM.

judt send the midi clock in traktor en set the db4 on receive
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Cheers. I'll try that when I receive DB4 and if I've any problems I'll give you a shout

Tech Wizard

Hi mate

Just got my DB4 today and trying to get it set up with Traktor. Do i set mixer up in external mode? Do i assign the output 1/2 to C, 3/4 to A 5/6 to B and 7/8 to D in Traktor and then with the switches on DB4 do i assign input select with those same output to channels? Sorry if you don't understand. if you don't ill try explain better but its driving me mad trying to get it sorted. Help a brother out

Cheers

Tech Wizard

I got it sussed mate Just trying to get a Traktor map for my K1 for transport. Don't suppose you know of one or use one.