Anyone using thunderbolt connection for traktor S5?
    Tech Convert

Default Anyone using thunderbolt connection for traktor S5?

Folks, i been experience sound drop after using S5 controller, i guess the main reason is that its draws too much bandwidth or power from my USB port. Anyone try using thunderbolt connection before?

Are you using the supplied PSU? It's certainly not a bandwidth issue, USB2 is fine for the couple of channels of audio and control that the S5 uses.

You'll need to give us more information regarding your Mac (I'm guessing it's a Mac as there aren't too many PC's with TB yet), your OS, your version of Traktor and the latency setting you're trying to use.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Convert

Hi and thanks,
    I'm running Traktor Pro 2 Version 2.10.29, Mac Pro El Captian 10.11.5
    Latency 512ms, un-check multicore .
    No problem running with 44K sample rate with my Z1 controller at all, but if using S5 and running on 48k sample rate rate, the sound will drop within 1-2hrs time.

If you get a chance can you open up the Console Application and do a search for "IOAudioStream" and copy any results into this thread. If it's what I think it is then these will probably line up with your dropouts, which means that you have an issue that is affecting more and more people, and it's one that Apple and NI are apparently working on.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by seigedan View Post
    Hi and thanks,
    I'm running Traktor Pro 2 Version 2.10.29, Mac Pro El Captian 10.11.5
    Latency 512ms, un-check multicore .
    No problem running with 44K sample rate with my Z1 controller at all, but if using S5 and running on 48k sample rate rate, the sound will drop within 1-2hrs time.
    Sounds like it could be the documented problem with El Capitan - I was having the same issue, I managed to solve it by dropping the latency to 256 - the CPU runs at a higher load than I would normally like, but haven't experienced any issues with running like this so far.

Hope this helps,
    Rufus