Any DJ Player app DVS users here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks. One thing about the PL-1:
    "So 2 would be better but have another slight disadvantage: you have to press the deck 1,2,3,4 also when you use 2 decks - no way around this."
    I thought it's a problem only if you use one unit. With two don't you just set each unit to the desired deck (one to deck 1, the other to deck 2) and it stays that way all the time, unless you want to toggle for decks 3 and 4?

Tech Wizard

Yes, of course you are correct there. If you only use 2 deck mixing with two PL-1's - no problem, no toggling at all.

If you do 4 decks then this starts. And it's still not a real problem, but you will have to skip decks or map doubles:
    Left deck: 1=1, 2 x, 3=3, 4 x. Means skipping decks/tapping twice to get from 1 to 3 and 3 to 1. Or,
    Left deck: 1=1, 2=3, 3=1, 4=3. Means no tapping twice, but more thinking/double checking on screen!?
    DJ: Denon MCX8000/DJ Player Pro/SL1200 & CDJ1000's. Serato DJ on iMac.
    Studio: LPX/Synthmaster/AU's/Access Virus A/Machine Drum/XV5050/Röde K2/iMac

Behringer should solve this with an update. Or maybe they just force you to buy more than one this way.

Tech Wizard

Maybe, but I think their primary aim was to put a '4 in 1' jog/platter controller on the market.
    I think the PL-1 is the only one with this possibility, maybe one other brand has one, not more.
    So it's unique in that way, but it does take time to get comfortable with 1 jog, 1 play button, etc for 4 decks..

Sure, but there's got to be a way to make it possible to choose between control modes "all 4", "1 and 2" or "3 and 4".
    Btw Denon had 2 deck switching controller SC2000 that seemed well built. MK2 version would be nice.

Tech Wizard

Yes, makes sense.
    And while they update it, make the encoders follow the midi channels you switch when switching decks as default as well.
    I was shocked the encoders send on one midi channel only. But after emailing support I was helped pretty quick with that system exclusive file, that made it work. Although it was a workaround, which involved another step before each session..
    I really can't think of much scenarios where you'd want 8 push encoders to be 'global' for? Not in this layout of 2 rows of 4 push encoders anyway. I can think of way more useful mapping options to deck specific controls, when they follow the decks.

Tech Wizard

Oh, and a warning for if you consider trying the Denon with DJPP- on the older Denon devices, you can't map the LED feedback.
    The SC2000 is a cool and we'll build controller, but without LED states, hard to use.
    (The old Denon devices used a odd, difficult mapping 'protocol' that never was supported in DJP. But since Denon is part of the In Music group, this became the 'normal' simple way - like Numark etc already was having..)

You mean if using one SC2000 to control two decks it won't switch color when deck is switched? Or other scenarios are affected, even if two SC2000s are used?

Tech Wizard

No, not any LED would work, so no play, cue(s) on/off... About everything really. So you won't see from the deck how many cues you have set already, or if a deck is playing for instance
    So 'old' Denon devices (pre In Music) are not best choice for DJPP, really. although they will work perfectly fine (there are mc-3000 maps here for instance) and are of good quality, it would make me sick not having any LED feedback.
    I know this only from reading online btw. In Traktor the LEDs for these units were/are programmable.
    I never had one of these Denons.
    Last edited by HETTO; 06-13-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12