Proper Vestax PDX-2000 Cart/tonearm setup?
    Tech Convert

Default Proper Vestax PDX-2000 Cart/tonearm setup?

Been away from the turntables for a looooong while (don't ask,) returning, setting up my vestax pdx-2000s (the originals, unfortunately) and having massive skipping issues. Had 12s, were stolen, so the 2000s are what I've got for now.

I'm using shure m44gs, which is what I had in the past and didn't have problems. I did just get brand new styluses, which I thought might be the source of the problem, but I tried leaving one a locked groove to 'burn it in' for a while, issue hasn't really subsided.

Anyone wanna remind me wtf I'm doing wrong here? Happy to answer any questions about info I've left out.

Have you set the tone-arm weights correctly?
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by r08zy View Post
    Have you set the tone-arm weights correctly?
    The issue there is defining correctly. I zeroed them out as best I could, but I'm not sure what weight setting I should be going on for this specific setup...

ok so you got the weight position so that the tone arm balances perfectly in mid air? Then set the guide to 0. I used to twist mine forward to 0.5 and then play a track, if it skips move it forward to 1.0. It's trial and error until it doesn't skip any more. The correct weight should be from around 0.5 to 1.5 give or take.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2