Separate effects unit vs DJM onboard effects - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

X600 is main contender but I'm looking to see if I could make a modular setup for the same price. Also hesitating due to a possible MK2 being on the way, but that's just a guess, nothing I heard about. Denon thinned their mixer section so they could be preparing something.

Tech Guru

Yup.

I recommended the X1600 just because it's not much more than the X600.

What is your budget? We may be able to help you put together a nice modular setup.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

My primary quest atm is for an FX unit that would work equally well as djm onboard section. Mixer and sound card are the easier part, I think I already see some options locally. Waiting some Korg kaoss users to share their experience.

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    X600 is main contender but I'm looking to see if I could make a modular setup for the same price. Also hesitating due to a possible MK2 being on the way, but that's just a guess, nothing I heard about. Denon thinned their mixer section so they could be preparing something.
    There is one on ebay right now...UK, starting bid at 125 GBP

Also, consider that Denon released X600 AFTER the X1600/1700 and they still haven't updated them with MK2 units, not to mention that any new units will probably be partnered with Serato (well, it makes no difference for the X600 since it wasn't DVS certified for TSP, I admit) and at higher cost.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Also, consider that Denon released X600 AFTER the X1600/1700 and they still haven't updated them with MK2 units
    What should that mean, what's the danger?

Is the x600 soundcard class compliant? Will it work with DJPP?
    BTW is there some bypass mode in order to use just the soundcard and not sending the signal through the eqs and faders, like a flat phono AD conversion?

What should that mean, what's the danger?
    That should mean that you shouldn't expect a new version before they release X1600 and X1700 successors. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Is the x600 soundcard class compliant? Will it work with DJPP?
    BTW is there some bypass mode in order to use just the soundcard and not sending the signal through the eqs and faders, like a flat phono AD conversion?
    class compliant? have no idea. look it up in the manual.
    you should clarify that idea about bypass mode, what signal and how do you think it's path is now?

Manual does not use the "Class compliant" wording, but says "This unit operates using a CoreAudio standard audio driver". I assume that's it, no?

Bypass mode would be sending the signal from the ADC to the usb out, skipping the EQs and faders.

Manual does not use the "Class compliant" wording, but says "This unit operates using a CoreAudio standard audio driver". I assume that's it, no?
    probably. if I had a iPad I would probably check it out to see if the USB send/return functions as it does on the new DJM-900NXS2

Bypass mode would be sending the signal from the ADC to the usb out, skipping the EQs and faders.
    You had me confused because, that's how every DVS routing works? Timecode signal from RCA inputs is going to A/D converters, sent via usb out to the sofware skipping the EQ and faders. Only the return signal from software (music) is routed back pre-EQ and faders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast