Separate effects unit vs DJM onboard effects - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I had on mind regular vinyl signal in this case, not timecode. Could I digitalize/record vinyl to pc skipping the EQs and faders, like if only just a soundcard was used?

Yes, no problem. As I said before, signal from inputs is always routed to the software before EQ and faders. Do you know any mixer that does that the other way around?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Dunno, probably no. Actually I was thinking out loud to clarify this and yeah now it makes sense, thanks. I assume in an opposite case, when I'd like to use the EQs on a recording I should choose the usb master out channel?

Quote Originally Posted by electroshock View Post
    Dunno, probably no. Actually I was thinking out loud to clarify this and yeah now it makes sense, thanks. I assume in an opposite case, when I'd like to use the EQs on a recording I should choose the usb master out channel?
    Yes, I guess then you would set recording in Traktor to usb ch 7/8 (on win) which is the master output channel. For recording a single deck in Traktor you would select 1/2 or 3/4, then it would record pre EQ and fader. It probably depends on the software you are using, Traktor is pretty flexible with routing and ASIO usb channels.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Bump.
    How the Traktor fx sound, used on a live input regular vinyl with a send/return routing compared to djm onboard fx?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123