DJ's switching back to hardware article, and a FB post from a house music legend. - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I've been DJing for 20 plus years and I've DJed on almost every gear.

My best sets of all time have been on a 4 Chanel controller with Traktor.

You could easily master 4 decks with tight looping and add innovative effects.

Like someone said before, "trying to convincing someone to use a controller over CDJs reminds me of when I was trying to convince people to use CD's over vinyl."

BTW CDJs have failed me many times. From not recognizing Rekordbox data to wonky Ethernet ports to faulty platter train wrecks.
    Last edited by loverocket; 06-08-2016 at 07:43 AM.

This is a problem I have been facing.
    I want to get back into the game but the problem is do I get a rekordbox controller or do I go back to Traktor with the awesome tools I have been used to using.

Sadly the answer is Rekordbox with how it has become these days and what it can do on a normal mixing standard.
    I find that Traktor is more useful to remix and mashup and do very interesting things in but watching many top DJs perform to huge crowds it becomes apparent that the people grooving out don't really care too much for that and just want some kicking tunes they can jump to.

Wedding DJs it's kinda whatever as far as I see but if doing clubs, pretty much I can see that there woudld be a bit of a hostile atmosphere.

At the end of the day this whole who's better than who in the hardware industry is old and annoying and I wish it would just end.
    -_- kinda like people hating on others for using sync on electro house.... ITS ALL 128BPM WHO CARES!?
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    kinda like people hating on others for using sync on electro house.... ITS ALL 128BPM WHO CARES!?
    I don't hate on them for using sync, I hate on them for playing electro house.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I don't hate on them for using sync, I hate on them for playing electro house.
    I been a trance guy myself but do like both
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567