Rekordbox DJ mapping for Midi Fighter 3D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Rekordbox DJ mapping for Midi Fighter 3D

Hi music folk,

I think I am about to make the switch from Traktor to Rekordbox DJ. However, this renders my MidiFighter 3D useless.

So just wondered if anyone had made any fun midi fighter mappings for Rekordbox?

Thanks,

curious as to this answer also.. been trying to map my 3D to rekordbox 5 and its a nightmare compared to traktor mappings...is this even at all possible...a search of google and only this thread comes up, so i am assuming its virtually impossible.

What issues are you guys having while creating the midi mapping?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    What issues are you guys having while creating the midi mapping?
    HI Bastet, So my issue is getting led feedback since it seems there is no midi out for that on rekordbox side i assume,also to get feedback when hotcue slots are empty or active...the basic functions of mapping the pad effects and such are rather straight forwars it trying to make different pages and led feedback that has me stumped with rekordbox...coming from traktor side i have dabbled with mapping and find it a lot more straight forward with NI mapping. If you could possibly give me any isight as to if its even possible with midifighter and rekorbox would be appreciated.

On a side note i also tried mapping my F1 and though that was alot easier with the control editor again i got stumped at the led feed back and making different pages.

Another question is there a way to tell the midifighter when a pad should trigger toggle or gate as can be done with the editor controller from native instruments and the F1....trying to get the slicer going on the midifighter but i need to make the loopslicer in gate mode and cant seem to do that on the midifighter
    Last edited by DarioDeLima; 10-12-2017 at 04:14 AM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

The closest you can get is making sure that the OUT message Hex code stats with 92 (assuming you didn't change any channel settings) and it should respond better. You won't however get any kind of feedback regarding Pad color so you might want to handle that bit in the MFU to get some diferentiation.

If you have buttons that are behaving as toggles make sure you enable Ableton mode in the MF Utility and do the following:

Hold Buttons: Make sure the message starts with B3, if it registers differently edit it afterwards
    Toggle Buttons: you can use the standard 82 or 92 messages
    LED Out: Use or edit the message starting with 92.
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-12-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    The closest you can get is making sure that the OUT message Hex code stats with 92 (assuming you didn't change any channel settings) and it should respond better. You won't however get any kind of feedback regarding Pad color so you might want to handle that bit in the MFU to get some diferentiation.

If you have buttons that are behaving as toggles make sure you enable Ableton mode in the MF Utility and do the following:

Hold Buttons: Make sure the message starts with B3, if it registers differently edit it afterwards
    Toggle Buttons: you can use the standard 82 or 92 messages
    LED Out: Use or edit the message starting with 92.
    Padi_04, again came through to save the day switching the Buttons to B3 did the trick, now the slicer mode is working as it should,also the Hotcues are now sorted and have feedback if they are set and are dimmer if not set i got a certain degree of feedback with the effects and used the utility to when pressed shows they are active.. so thank you sir.
    I have a rather decent mapping for rekordbox now to go along with the cdj's.
    One last bit of info if you could,in the effects for instance when i turn the echo on, would it be possible to have the midifighter it in a blinking state or in a solid different colour while its activated ..the other effects are no worries cause i use them in trigger mode so when i press them they change colour and then when released go back to normal state and colour.. however with the echo i wondering if possible since its in toggle mode could it be blinking or in a different colour state to remind me its still active... hope that makes sense.
    Once again, much appreciated you helped me out..

Thankyou

Once you finish this mapping, please upload it for everyone on the DJTT mappings page. :-)
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I made this as a proof of concept if anyone wants to grab it or tinker with it. There is some room for expansion but it's also fairly limiting without getting Bome's or something like that to overcome certain Rekordbox limitations. You can really tell that Rekordbox's mapping interface really focuses around the Pioneer controller workflow.

Dario: If you want Echo to toggle and reflect it's state use 82XX as in and 92XX as out. You can't have it blink or anything like that but you can set different on/off colors via the MF Utility. While the map I linked uses all as triggers it might be worth looking into.
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-12-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I made this as a proof of concept if anyone wants to grab it or tinker with it. There is some room for expansion but it's also fairly limiting without getting Bome's or something like that to overcome certain Rekordbox limitations. You can really tell that Rekordbox's mapping interface really focuses around the Pioneer controller workflow.

Dario: If you want Echo to toggle and reflect it's state use 82XX as in and 92XX as out. You can't have it blink or anything like that but you can set different on/off colors via the MF Utility. While the map I linked uses all as triggers it might be worth looking into.
    Haha,that's basically the same mapping that I have made.. as you say,one is very limited with what one can do within rekordbox in terms of mapping.. though at least I learnt a few knew things from this so once again thanks Padi.. only difference I made was use the slicer in loop mode as I found I would get more use out of it in that way.. tried to do it in normal mode and then use one if the side buttons to turn it to loop slicer, but in order for loop slice to work you need tonset loop slice pads, which was a shame so in the end opted for loop slicer as opposed to normal slicer.. @ Basted, will def upload this mapping later this weekend after I have tested it out. To be fair it does the job if using rekordbox with cdj's and one needs to trigger cues and pad effects. I also made the cue points as gated so that they do not trigger and start to play when pressed,they rather act like traktor where they just jump to that point and then the cdj is used to hit play. Unless the track is allready in play mode.

Anyways much appreciated all, if I can think if anything else will try to add to it.. oh I also used the side buttons as play, cue and sync. So in reality one could use this in it's own if an emergency situation really called for it and you needed to play with only a midifighter., limited but it would get you through the night.

Once again thanks all for the help.
    Last edited by DarioDeLima; 10-13-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioDeLima View Post
    Haha,that's basically the same mapping that I have made..
    Btw, I'm Matias from DJTT Support . Regarding the slicer, yeah I faced that same issue but the non looped slicer works better for me and there was only room for one.

If you want to give the side buttons a bit more oomph then you can enable "Bank side buttons" in the MFU, this way they send unique messages per bank. You can keep the same use you have now but then on the other banks add buttons which mimic the Parameter onces on DDJ controllers so you can, for example, modify the size of slicer chops.

Finally, if you need to have a button control 2 things (eg: the bank buttons switch pages in the UI for both decks) map one to the Note On and another to the Note Off.
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-13-2017 at 08:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast