having trouble recording!

Default having trouble recording!

I recently got myself a xone 92 mixer and haven't been able to record a mix since, i previously owned a djm 800 and use to use audacity as it was easy, although the sound quality was not great! i recently got myself a sound card (roland duo capture ex) still trying to use audacity to record through my xone into the sound card but I'm not picking up any sound, can anyone help? am i using the wrong leads? I'm new to this lol!!

Hey mate, looks like the inputs on that soundcard are XLR/TRS ... so i would use the booth out on the 92 (TRS) into one of the inputs on your soundcard, grab a TRS splitter cable like this (you could also try a 2 RCA>TRS cable if you would rather use the REC out)

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

If he uses that he'll only get one channel.

He needs two of these

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CSS-110-B...=1&*entries*=0

Tech Guru

If the sound card has stereo inputs, Jester's recommendation will be fine.

Otherwise, yea, use two single mono TRS.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

i didn't have a proper look but it looked like 2 separate stereo inputs at first glance.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

thanks guys, i ordered the cables you suggested so il give them a go when i get them!