A&H Xone K2 Audio Quality

Default A&H Xone K2 Audio Quality

Hey guys! i'm planning to buy a pair of k2 and use it as an audio interface, connecting it to 4 channel mixer, to play with traktor, so i would like to know your opinions about the sound quality that the k2 drops!

Thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I've had a pair of K2 for a few weeks while mapping them out for a friend that was trying to use them pretty much in the same way you do. In my case both units had a really horrible noise floor and the moment you hooked them up you could hear it even though you had nothing playing. It was OKish when you played music but it was still there. Not really sure if it was a hardware defect or if it got patched with a later firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I've had a pair of K2 for a few weeks while mapping them out for a friend that was trying to use them pretty much in the same way you do. In my case both units had a really horrible noise floor and the moment you hooked them up you could hear it even though you had nothing playing. It was OKish when you played music but it was still there. Not really sure if it was a hardware defect or if it got patched with a later firmware.

but don't you think that its a particular problem of its hardware?

i will try my one, see if its sounding good or bad...never hooked it up but i heard the quality is not great ...so ?
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Leaves View Post
    but don't you think that its a particular problem of its hardware?
    Might have been but it's odd that it happened with 2 units on 3 different computers. Maybe it was a bad K2 batch but that wasn't the only experience I had with bad K2 sounding units. It might have also been one of the reasons for them releasing the K1 without an interface.

If you want to stick to a Xone layout i'd probably go with a K1 + Audio 2 combo despite it meaning using an extra USB port.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Might have been but it's odd that it happened with 2 units on 3 different computers. Maybe it was a bad K2 batch but that wasn't the only experience I had with bad K2 sounding units. It might have also been one of the reasons for them releasing the K1 without an interface.

If you want to stick to a Xone layout i'd probably go with a K1 + Audio 2 combo despite it meaning using an extra USB port.
    I'd go with a K1 + Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. I've tried the NI Audio 2 DJ and it also has a high noise floor that was very clear when the device was plugged in with no signal playing. You also don't need a mixer with the Scarlett 2i4, just plug the balanced outputs directly into the sound system.
    Last edited by Be0; 06-09-2016 at 06:29 PM.