I am making a new table for my home dj setup. Need help with table height

Default I am making a new table for my home dj setup. Need help with table height

I am making a new table for my home dj setup. I am 5'7". What height should I make my table top?

Thanks

For a while, the DMC table height was fixed at 900mm.

But it's entirely up to you. However you feel comfortable.

DJTT says like this (Play/Pause tattoo and goatee are optional):

dj-desk-right-desk-height.jpg

Seriously - just find a height that is comfortable for you. If you're making it from Ikea parts you have a LOAD of options re: height.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

If I use this picture as a guide will it be good? I have to subtract 4 inches give or take for the mixer?

The stand I use is 920mm high but around 900 is the standard. Typically kitchen worktop height has always felt the most comfortable for me. always used to see people setting their decks up in the kitchen for house parties for that reason. I'd say test your decks there and then fine tune the height with the ikea bits you buy.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

OK. I find that normal 30" table will be comfortable for home use when I am mostly sitting on my chair.

put your hand out , wrist slightly lower than your elbow. have a friend measure the distance from your fingertips to the floor. voila. if you have no friends , hold a piece of string and pinch it where your fingers would comfortably touch your set up, mark the spot you were pinching on the string with a magic marker, and then measure the string to that mark.voila.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

900mm high is the standard for touring DJ tables at festivals here in Australia.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Don't forget the urination cup under the table for the sets going over 4 hours.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors