MIDI Fighter Twister - More than 4 pages / banks?
    Tech Convert

Default MIDI Fighter Twister - More than 4 pages / banks?

This is my first post on these forums, so hopefully I'm putting it in the right spot. I didn't find an official feature request thread for the Twister, so I thought I'd start a new topic...

Basically, I'm wondering if it's somehow possible to get more than 4 pages out of the MIDI Fighter Twister. I know there are only 4 out of the box, but could it be expanded with a firmware update? I'm working on an Ableton Live production template that the twister would be absolutely IDEAL for... Except I'd need at least 8 banks (and preferably 16).

I'll probably post something on the Ableton forums to get further insight on the software side, but a nutshell I'm trying to expand on this concept of wrapping your favorite drum samples into a single drum rack like this tutorial shows:

I want to do the same thing by grouping my drum samples in 16 instrument racks within the drum rack and choosing samples with the chain selector. However, in addition to just selecting the sample, I'd like to use the Twister's encoders to control parameters of whichever drum pad I've selected. I think this could be done if the macros of each of the 16 nested instrument racks were mapped to a different page of the Twister (but that would require the Twister to accommodate 16 pages)...

For example, page 1 would be Kick parameters, page 2 would be Snare parameters, page 3 might be Closed Hi-hat parameters, etc., etc. So, I would page left or right on the Twister to choose which of these drum sounds I want to tweak, and then the first eight encoders would be as follows:

(1) Sample Select
    (2) Filter Cutoff
    (3) Transpose / Pitch
    (4) Volume
    (5) Attack
    (6) Decay
    (7) Sustain
    (8) Release

The remaining eight encoders would be mapped to an *EMPTY* Audio Effect Rack which is nested in the drum rack after the instrument rack. The reason it would be empty is so I could add whatever effect I might want (reverb, delay, etc.) and manually map my favorite parameters to those pre-mapped macros.

Anyway... I welcome your thoughts and suggestions. Overall it seems like I won't be able to do this with the Twister being limited to 4 pages. However, there may be other methods I'm not thinking of that would achieve the same result. I haven't delved into MIDI Remote Scripting much at all, but I imagine using a custom script could really open some doors. Unfortunately writing my own scripts is just too advanced for me at this point. However, if someone here has experience with them I'd still love to hear any ideas you might have.
    Last edited by D2MF; 06-08-2016 at 12:15 PM. Reason: to clarify issue description