colored waveforms S8/S5 D2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I did this over the weekend and got the colour wavforms working fine and dandy, I had trouble looking through the qml files but found on a forum the full modified code qml, swaped it out and its now running. Now I want to get the beat counter up on the screens, am I looking for a specific part of the code to replace? as I understand it you replace the lines highlighted red with the lines highlighted green, I open up the qml file and then start dribbling like a fool at the gibberish im looking at. I have read through the qml tutorial that went up with the original forum post but I get totally lost with what its talking about, can anyone lay it out in idiot terms if they have got the beat counter up and working?

For people that are having trouble understanding the instructions, here's a fully working version with a spectrum waveform and a bunch of other small improvements:

https://github.com/ErikMinekus/traktor-kontrol-screens

Just click the green "Clone or download" button > Download ZIP and replace the folders.
    Last edited by ErikMinekus; 09-09-2016 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikMinekus View Post
    For people that are having trouble understanding the instructions, here's a fully working version with a spectrum waveform and a bunch of other small improvements:

Just click the green "Clone or download" button > Download ZIP and replace the folders.
    Cool Thanks, will give it a go tonight
    Allen & Heath DB4, Xone K2, 2x Native instrument D2
    Soundcloud
    Mixcloud

Tech Student

Great Job ErikMinekus works perfect with my D2. Can I make a request for all matching keys in browser. i.e. 9A master track 4A/6A/8A/9B/10A/11A keys light up. Also the key of the track playing in deck mode. Thanks again.

Tech Wizard

downloaded Erik's files & installed the files as per the instructions

the displays/waveforms look great, thanks for the work you put into this

I do have 1 issue though, the notes mentioned switching the BPM coarse & fine adjustments
    I assumed this meant no longer having to press "Shift" to change the tempo by 1 BPM at a time, but to do so for small adjustments
    I am either wrong on this assumption of what it is supposed to do or it is not working for me

Can someone help me out on this?

Your assumption is correct, this is handled in the CSI files so make sure those are replaced too. Using the Browse knob to zoom the waveform is also handled there, so does that work?

Tech Wizard

Your assumption is correct, this is handled in the CSI files so make sure those are replaced too. Using the Browse knob to zoom the waveform is also handled there, so does that work?
    yes that is working

Is this a mod for the D2 only & not the S8?

It works on my D2, which uses the file from the S8, so not sure why it wouldn't work on the S8.

Tech Wizard

I tried rewriting the CSI folder again
    still no luck (the browse encoder zoom does work though)

where & what changes to which qml file is supposed to change this behavior?
    is it possible that the change was made it to on only the D2 qml file & not S8 qml file?

Tech Wizard

so I figured out the problem

I opened CSI/S8/mixer.qml in text wrangler & found the section dealing with the tempo
    It still matched exactly to the original unedited file, so maybe it was overlooked before you uploaded the files?
    I swapped the parameters for the 2 settings & it works now

so thanks for the work you have done, this was easy enough for me to fix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast