CDJ not showing anything under 'Rekordbox'

Default CDJ not showing anything under 'Rekordbox'

Hi,

I am new to Rekordbox and the CDJ's. I have the 2000nxs2 and record box 4.

Using Mac OSX 10.11.5.

I have exported a playlist in rekordbox by right clicking the playlist and clicking 'export playlist' then selecting my USB stick.

When i put the USB stick in the CDJ, its seeing the tracks when i click on the USB button, but when i click the Rekordbox button, it's totally blank.

I have formatted my USB stick twice, going to disk utility, clicking 'erase' -

Format - (MS-DOS) FAT

Scheme - Master Boot Record

I couldn't seem to make a partition.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, i think clearly the USB sticks are fine.

Thanks

Some USB sticks just don't work well with CDJs, I've seen it before. Have you tried using another USB stick?

EDIT: Also, the format needs to be FAT32, I hope that's just a typo on your part....
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

you only press the rekordbox button when you're connected to a computer or iPhone/ipad to use the rekordbox library on that device.
    if you're using a USB stick, just press that USB button like you have been doing...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
    you only press the rekordbox button when you're connected to a computer or iPhone/ipad to use the rekordbox library on that device.
    if you're using a USB stick, just press that USB button like you have been doing...
    thanks, i've tried a few, all the same, i don't think its the USB sticks fault as they all work and load playlists etc on the CDJ.

I just don't get what that top 'rekordbox' button on the CDJ is for.

Quote Originally Posted by tomflynn View Post
    Basically it's for when you're using the CDJ as a HID controller for Rekordbox

I didn't even notice him saying he presses the rekordbox button...doh
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tomflynn View Post
    thanks, i've tried a few, all the same, i don't think its the USB sticks fault as they all work and load playlists etc on the CDJ.

your USB sticks are fine, they are working as normal. i don't understand why you think something is wrong.

as i said, the rekordbox button accesses a rekordbox library on a laptop/ios device. so if you plug your iPhone into the usb port of the CDJ, you press the rekordbox button to be able to 'see' the rekordbox music library on your phone.
    those buttons simply tell the CDJ what media you want to read from. to be clear, the rekordbox button is not needed unless you're intending to play directly from your iPhone or a laptop.

Sorry didn't see your post Bob. Brilliant. Thank you for explaining. Appreciate that.

Tech Mentor

no problem, enjoy your CDJ's, they're incredible!

tom frickin flynn