No more iTunes downloads?

Default No more iTunes downloads?

Rumor mill is spinning up about the death of the download for iTunes. What do you guys think of this? What will this mean for how we all get our music?
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06...ads-june-2016/

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Rumor mill is spinning up about the death of the download for iTunes. What do you guys think of this? What will this mean for how we all get our music?
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06...ads-june-2016/
    50% of us will just keep ripping it from you tube, the other 50% will just move on to the next big legal download site.

I'm not sure this news will have a massive impact in the DJ scene, I personally don't know anybody who buys music from iTunes to DJ with. For the guys who do use it I can imagine they will move to beatport, trackitdown etc... Thinking about it this move from apple could help in saving beatport from the storm they are in at the moment.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

They already replied to the rumor saying it simply wasn't true

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/...unes-downloads

Tech Mentor

digital downloads have been on the decline for a while now, which is the projected path that a lot of analysts have recognized with Streaming being the dominate way consumers access music. There will be some people who perfer to purchase their music, but for the most part the business model of selling music (albums, Lps, individual) is dead. Technology's ability to access IP (music in the case) has forced the market into adopting freemium rather than premium.

which is understandable, most consumers prefer to pay less for something than more.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

Does iTunes still only offer 256kbps audio files? Or have they finally moved up to 320 or V0? probably doesn't matter for a smaller system, but I like to think 320/V0 should be the bare minimum for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    50% of us will just keep ripping it from you tube...
    Why subject anyone to that quality of audio files? :P

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    Does iTunes still only offer 256kbps audio files? Or have they finally moved up to 320 or V0? probably doesn't matter for a smaller system, but I like to think 320/V0 should be the bare minimum for anyone.
    iTunes offer 256kbps AAC files, which are as good, if not better than 320kbps MP3's - in some cases (search "mastered for iTunes") alot better.

And yes, I get quite alot of music on iTunes - it would be a crying shame if they went down that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbigtoe View Post
    50% of us will just keep ripping it from you tube
    I'm sorry, do what now? Do you actually do this and play those ripped files on anything besides your laptop speakers?