Purchasing my first setup tomorrow. What do you think ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    oneandonlyedwin

Default Purchasing my first setup tomorrow. What do you think ?

Hello Guys,
    I'm buying my first setup tomorrow.
    After some research, this is what i've decided.

CDJ - 2 Pioneer XDJ700
    Mixer - Pioneer DJM350 or Allen & Heath Xone 23C
    Headphones - Pioneer HDJ500

Please do let me know what do you think of this setup. Did some research for this. Costing me nearly 2000$.

Do you have any suggestions on this setup.
    Is there a cheaper alternative with as much functionality ? If YES, is it okay to move out of Pioneer gears ?

It sort of depends on what you want. For the CDJs, the XDJ700 will have most of the up to date features, HD screen browsing ability that is comparable to top end players. What you're losing is CD slot (which is maybe forgivable depending on how you expect to DJ) and full sized platters. I guess it's a question of if you want to be familiar with the workflow of the UI or the feel of the actual standard sized CDJs.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by edwinn999 View Post
    Is there a cheaper alternative with as much functionality ?
    What about macbook, software and controller? It has much more funcionality, actually.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

NO IT IS NOT OK TO MOVE OUT OF PIO GEAR.......EVER......YOU MUST PLEDGE YOUR UNDYING SOUL TO PIONEER AND SACRIFICE THE BLOOD OF 100 VIRGINS TO LORD YOSHIAKI IDE!!!!

the laptop and controller idea seems legit...
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

So many options mate. I would spend the most on a 4 channel mixer, followed by 2 controllers for transport controls then some decent cans.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

XDJ-RX Perhaps?

You'd save yourself almost $700 for pretty much the same features.

Sure you can move out of Pioneer gear, just so long and when you get to a club and must use their gear you are able to adapt your workflow accordingly.

If you don't require the standalone features, just get a controller like the DDJ SR, Traktor S4 or something along those lines.

The nice thing about Pioneer stuff is cross compatibility of your home setup to a venue. Not needing to bring any gear to a gig and having your entire set, cue points and folders set up as you like them already is a pretty big selling point.

I'm buying my first setup tomorrow.
    Is the money burning a hole in your pocket ? ... I'd be doing some heavy research before dropping $2k on my first, second or last setup (unless you are loaded)
    Last edited by deevey; 06-14-2016 at 10:25 PM.

Op mad a previous post here discussing either the XDJ-RX or a CDJ/Mixer setup.

Honestly, if you're completely new, a controller might be the better option. Save yourself the money and find out if this is actually something you want to do

Honestly, if you're completely new, a controller might be the better option. Save yourself the money and find out if this is actually something you want to do

great advice really. i personally just got a pair of turntables off a guy on craigslist that was convinced in December 2015 by a buddy to go buy a full set up of high end gear including a pioneer dj sm9, as his first set up. 6 months later he is selling it all on craigslist. he coulda saved a lot of dough by trying a controller out first.

Is the money burning a hole in your pocket ? ... I'd be doing some heavy research before dropping $2k on my first, second or last setup (unless you are loaded)
    if youre loaded , just buy it all....

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    So many options mate. I would spend the most on a 4 channel mixer, followed by 2 controllers for transport controls then some decent cans.
    Yea, I would go on a used DJM-800, it will be great for trainning.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast