Flakey connection problems -
    Tech Student

Default Flakey connection problems -

I have a Midifighter Twister. I have a microsoft surface pro 3. That computer has only one USB port. I was able to connect the Twister to the one port for software upgrade, but it's impossible to use the TWister in any kind of real working setup without going through a midi hub.

When I launch the MF Utility it can't find the twister unless I unplug and then plug in the Twister with the utility loaded. With the utility loaded, the Twister doesn't work until I kill the program.

Can anyone explain if and/or why the hub is a problem. This seems to be a show stopper for me.

Tech Wizard

I have had this with the built in hub on the mm1. Needed to pull out the connection and put back in before it would work. However switched to using the hub in my novation audiohub and have not had the problem again. What else do you have plugged in and is it a powered hub.
    midi fighter twister, denon sc2000, launchpad mini, behringer mm1, behringer dv1, NI audio 2, traktor pro 2, 2xNumark TTX1, Gemini PS02 usb