The song comes in on the wrong beat - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dolcem View Post
    I'm trying to learn how to 'mix' (transition between tracks) and since I'm teaching myself, I figure the best way is to learn from the best.
    these definitely are not the best transitions. when you get good enough, you will hear whats good and what isn't.

practise makes slightly less shit mate
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Peaks and troughs to a set? If its an ibizian sunset party they might want to keep the energy low overall, people have to keep going til sunup.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    no
    Where do you live? Can I come give you a hug?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Peaks and troughs to a set? If its an ibizian sunset party they might want to keep the energy low overall, people have to keep going til sunup.
    totally agreed my friend anyone who disagrees with this is a clown

Peaks and troughs are cool. But going from a danceable track to a weak track with no rhythm just kills the vibe.

no
    Well having not been stood behind the decks at that exact moment, who are we to say what the vibe was?

Any parties in ibiza i've been too are pretty similar, its quite low key til the sun drops. In fact every time i've been to cafe mambo theres a noticeable drop in the energy of the tracks to see the sunset come in, when everyones stopped clapping theres a massive 'whump' as the kick drum of the first track comes in, and the excitement skyrockets as the night starts off proper.

Well having not been stood behind the decks at that exact moment, who are we to say what the vibe was?

Any parties in ibiza i've been too are pretty similar, its quite low key til the sun drops. In fact every time i've been to cafe mambo theres a noticeable drop in the energy of the tracks to see the sunset come in, when everyones stopped clapping theres a massive 'whump' as the kick drum of the first track comes in, and the excitement skyrockets as the night starts off proper.
    then he went right back to a track with energy. he went from a 5 to a 2 to a 5 in energy level. if your vibe is around 5 don't go to a 2. wind it down 4,3,2.

it sucked.

i've seen this happen a lot. and everyone is on the dancefloor looking at their shoes or leaving the floor. stop making excuses for this. it's not a good trend. I think it's because there's too many producers trying to be DJs.

The last time I heard a DJ play 8+ tracks while not loosing the dancefloor was Hot Since 82 like 6 months ago.
    Last edited by loverocket; 07-03-2016 at 07:44 PM.

then he went right back to a track with energy. he went from a 5 to a 2 to a 5 in energy level. if your vibe is around 5 don't go to a 2. wind it down 4,3,2.

it sucked.

i've seen this happen a lot. and everyone is on the dancefloor looking at their shoes or leaving the floor. stop making excuses for this. it's not a good trend. I think it's because there's too many producers trying to be DJs.

The last time I heard a DJ play 8+ tracks while not loosing the dancefloor was Hot Since 82 like 6 months ago.

It could of been a lull in the crowd anyway, they happen fairly often even if the tracks are high energy. Fill a minute something low key to bring it back up when peole have their drinks refilled.

Again, you weren't there to call it. Your opinion on a mix for a party you weren't at or DJ'ing.

Anyway, this is sliding off topic.

Peaks and troughs are cool. But going from a danceable track to a weak track with no rhythm just kills the vibe.
    kinda like how you killed the vibe in this thread?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast