Switch from remixdeck to track deck and back?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Switch from remixdeck to track deck and back?

Hi,

is there a mapping or a possibility to change a remix deck into an trackdack and back again?
    Thanks

Tech Wizard

It does it automatically now. Drop a remix set in a track deck and it will change and vice versa. Much easier now
    midi fighter twister, denon sc2000, launchpad mini, behringer mm1, behringer dv1, NI audio 2, traktor pro 2, 2xNumark TTX1, Gemini PS02 usb

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by griffkpuk View Post
    It does it automatically now. Drop a remix set in a track deck and it will change and vice versa. Much easier now
    This^ works for 2.9 or newer versions of Traktor Pro.

If you're using some of older ones you can achieve it va MIDI Mapping:

Add IN > Deck Common > Deck Flavor
    type=button
    mode=direct
    value=Track/Stem/Remix/Live

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys, I`ve got the following idea, I`m using an X1 and the idea is, when I switch the X1 to midi mode, the trackdeck should change to remix deck and when I switch off midi mode, back to remixdeck?

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3d View Post
    Thanks guys, I`ve got the following idea, I`m using an X1 and the idea is, when I switch the X1 to midi mode, the trackdeck should change to remix deck and when I switch off midi mode, back to remixdeck?
    Can't say for sure but does the "Shift" button send out MIDI at all?
    If it does there should be no problems.
    If it does not (like my F1) than it wont be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Can't say for sure but does the "Shift" button send out MIDI at all?
    If it does there should be no problems.
    If it does not (like my F1) than it wont be possible.
    But you can nonetheless do what Fr3d asks.
    You're in normal mode, press shift + the other button, you're in midi mode, add the command to switch the deck type with the reverse option (in midi mode and using whatever notes the shift has in use for that button). Do the other way round for hid mode. Works on the F1. The thing is to remember it's the second button that switches, not the shift one (and as long as you release that second button before the shift one). Or am I mistaken? Can be of course.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yul View Post
    But you can nonetheless do what Fr3d asks.
    You're in normal mode, press shift + the other button, you're in midi mode, add the command to switch the deck type with the reverse option (in midi mode and using whatever notes the shift has in use for that button). Do the other way round for hid mode. Works on the F1. The thing is to remember it's the second button that switches, not the shift one (and as long as you release that second button before the shift one). Or am I mistaken? Can be of course.
    But OP want's to map the Shift button. Off course that Shift an some other button would work but I'm not so sure for shift itself since I don't have an X1 to test the mapping.

I suspect it's a Hard Shift (ie - no midi sent at all).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3d View Post
    Maybe I'm not reading correctly? I don't know I'm lost ^^
    Last edited by Yul; 06-21-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    Latest mix

There’s also an almost hermetic community that exists in many areas of dance music, where serious hobbyists feed off each other’s expertise but barely connect to the industry – despite many of those involved actually working in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3d
    Thanks guys, I`ve got the following idea, I`m using an X1 and the idea is, when I switch the X1 to midi mode, the trackdeck should change to remix deck and when I switch off midi mode, back to TRACK DECK?
    I suspect this is what he meant.

But, like griffpuk said:

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast