Traktor Pro: Disable scratching with macbook mousepad?
    Tech Student

Default Traktor Pro: Disable scratching with macbook mousepad?

Just installed a new macbook and the traktor pro software. I'm using a S5 as controller, so i turned of my keyboard in traktor to avoid any mistakes while typing.

But when my mouse is on the waveform and i accidentally push my mousepad, i start to scratch the song while i want to search for the next track! Is there a way to disable this?

Other than learning to use transport controls on the controllers instead of reaching for the laptop - not much.
    Try changing the mouse mode from vinyl to snap (preferences-transport), then it won't stop the track just jump on the new position.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Just don't leave your mouse cursor over the wave form and you're all good

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Other than learning to use transport controls on the controllers instead of reaching for the laptop - not much.
    Try changing the mouse mode from vinyl to snap (preferences-transport), then it won't stop the track just jump on the new position.
    I'm an allround DJ, i like to type in part of the track i'm searching for. But this is a lot better, thanks!

On my other macbook i don't have this problem, think it has got something to do with the sensitivity of the pad.

Thanks!

Tech Mentor

If you're on an S5, all the transport / fx related stuff is viewable on the controllers screens.

Which means you can leave the screen on your laptop in the "search" view with decks minimised.

Problem solved. ....there's no longer a waveform for you to click on by mistake.

(This is exactly how i work with an 11" Macbook air & a Kontrol S5)
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS