What's the worst your gear has had to endure?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default What's the worst your gear has had to endure?

Here in the Netherlands, we have some rappers mainly focussing on young kids. They are hated by older men and get beer thrown at them all the time. One of them posted this picture to his instagram:

picture_vk_Ronnie_Flex_danst_lekker_door_na_bierdouche_in_Hengevelde.jpg

I have had beer spilled over my DDJ-SX & MacBook Pro, but have been save for the rest. How about you guys?

Tech Mentor

people throwing dirt?

It always amazes me that people will spend money on tickets and drinks at a show, only to heckle and harass a performer.

"Let me show you how much i hope you fail you, by supporting you."

The worst I've had is when a girl ripped off my headphones while in the mix to tell me that they want to hear Rhianna. And then proceed to tell me I'm being rude for not taking her request.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

if people did that where i live, they would be leaving in handcuffs....
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

My had to endure shame and ridicule.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

The worste I experienced?

Well I had my jacket under the DJ Booth and suddenly, being in the middle of a Mix I see a Hand coming from the side and going into my jackets pocket.
    I grabbed it and pulled it and it was a "More than only drunk" Young woman (around 25yo). I asked what she thought she was doing, she replied "I Need something out of my jacket".
    Me:"Sorry but this is my Jacket".
    She:"No it's mine".
    Me:"There's only 1 Jacket her and it's mine, so don't touch it"
    She:"No I gave my jacket to the DJ"
    Me:"Well as you can see I AM THE DJ and if you don't stop directly I will call the Security and ask them to call the Police as I do not tolerate thiefs"
    She:"Who do you think you are, I know the Owner"
    Me:"Well I am resident here since 5 years and I know the Owner as well, so feel free to call him"

Well she went away and I never saw her again...and also not the Owner.

Well this was the worst experience Guest related, believe me in 16 years I had a few others.

Put simply Ego's and just outright disrespect. I was warming up for a well known UK DJ and coming into the last half hour of a 4 hr set - I was only booked to play 2 hours but when he didn't show I had to keep going, he shows up makes right for the booth, barges past me throws my coat, recordbox and bag on the floor puts his down then pushed past me again to make for the bar, the guy didn't say a word to me all night, when he finally decided to start playing he storms back into the booth turns off the track I was playing unplugs my headphones and hit play on his own track. Other than that I have had just minor irritations, a bar I held a residency at had a large group in the town that were really into drum and bass, you could take it as a given whenever they showed up they would hound you for a mic so they could all MC - regardless of the house set I would be playing at early doors. It became such a regular annoyance that the bar owner stopped them coming in on house nights and set them up with a midweek Drum and Bass night to keep them all happy, I eventually ended up playing breaks as the warm up for them so I suppose everyone won out of that situation

Holding my SL1200 upside down with beer cascading out of it.

Other than that it's the usual stupid requests ("got any Chas N Dave?") and the usual aggro/threats of violence you get when people are drunk.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chael View Post
    you could take it as a given whenever they showed up they would hound you for a mic so they could all MC -
    I really don't miss this about playing out. I played DnB up until a few months ago and that was one of the things that annoyed me most. Even when I played liquid sets I would still get drunk, pilled up idiots coming up and shouting nonsense into the mic. I would never dream of turning up somewhere where I wasn't booked with a load of Vinyl/CDs/USB and harassing the DJ until he let me have a go... Why did those guys never think of it like that.
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

I hope to God that IS only dirt in that picture...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Suddenly the large flip up screens on the tour editions make sense... a shield to hide behind
    MBP 13 2012 | 2x NI Kontrol X1 Mk2 | NI Kontrol F1 | NI Audio 2 | Behringer CMD MM-1 | Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast