Which portable speaker would you recommend me?
    Tech Mentor

Default Which portable speaker would you recommend me?

So, I can't really live a day without my bluetooth speaker, I plug my gadgets there whenever I stream music, videos, or even films. Just never rely on my notebook's audio or headphone since I got my Harman Kardon Onyx.

but I'm moving out the city for college and might return every weekend, but I personally find it inconvenient to carry my Onyx 3 every weekend since it's kinda big and heavy. So, thinking about something the size of JBL Charge/Flip, Bose Mini Soundlink, or Beats Pill. Either one might work.

Guess the Charge 3 has the best performance overall but it's kinda pricey tbh. So based on my needs, I'd like to mention it once again, of course, I listen to a lot of House, Deep House, Trance, etc so bass is kinda important. but my place is not going to be any bigger than a studio and I'm not putting it any further than 10 feet from me, so even size is kinda important, I don't need too much loudness. Just something that lets me stream EDM songs and tv shows with quality and loud enough for my place.

Budget maxes at 150 bucks for me. So any kind suggestions would be welcomed

Tech Mentor

I dont know too much about the blue tooth / consumer speaker market. but what i can tell you is that i've been doing a lot of shopping on aliexpress lately (a non-whole sale version of alibaba), and it seems like there is a good amount of consumer speakers on here that are extremely affordable.

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...chText=speaker

after all, you're going to college and its a place that encourages a lot of bad choices. so if something happens to a 40 dollar speaker then its not that big of a deal than a 150 dollar speaker.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

I owned one of the brand called IBIZA SOUND. Damn that speaker was killin it! Long battery life, very loud, good bass, SD, USB and Bluetooth player, RCA Input etc. And lightweight!

Considering your budget, I would say get the UE Boom 2 or a discounted or second-hand Bose Soundlink Mini. The Beats Pill is a piece of expensive crap, you'd only pay for the brand (I've tested it). I've listened to the JBL's also, but they sound a little bit muffled and tinny. I had the Bose Soundlink Mini. They really pack a punch. There's a good amount of bass, especially for it's size (you'd be surprised). However, the mid's and high's tend to sound muffled when you crank up the volume while listening to electronic music (techno, house, etc.). The bass reduces also because it somehow can't handle it. That is when you play it at max. volume. At medium volume it sounds really good.

The UE Boom 2 doesn't pack the same amount of bass as the Bose Soundlink Mini, but they do sound better in the mid's and high's, even when playing at max. volume it doesn't sound distorted. They are also within your budget, in my country they cost 149 euro's.

If you're willing to expand your budget, the best option (with portability in mind) would be the Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A1. I sold my Bose Soundlink Mini to get this one, because it has omni-directional sound, sound much clearer and doesn't distort when playing at max. volume. Omni-directional means that it sounds the same, no matter how the speaker is placed. This is also the case with the UE Boom 2. The Soundlink Mini has directional sound, which means it would only sound at its best when the speaker is in front of you.

I've been following this guy on youtube to listen to some portable speaker comparisons: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7D...jBd5ZtLQU3Z1dQ

You should listen to the videos with headphones on to get the best impression. Good luck with making a choice!

the bose soundlink mini is dope... good low end on it too, if you place it properly of course lol

I have had a Minirig for about 18months now and would definitely recommend it.

Great battery life, clear and loud sound and robust....

http://minirigs.co.uk/

I have DOSS Touch speakers. It's great. Good sound and battery

Tech Mentor

check out the amazon TAP. It's a pretty solid stand alone speaker.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015