Recording mixes DJM-600 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I record our djm600 mixes from the REC out into my audio 6, either through Traktor or Audition, The booth out is usually used for on the fly subwoofer cranking
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by overcast View Post
    I clap my hands every time. I promise it sounds goofy, but it'll save you an hour+ of your life.
    oh yeah recording an hour long mix only to find out it was recorded incorrectly is always a pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    oh yeah recording an hour long mix only to find out it was recorded incorrectly is always a pleasure
    It's the "Bootleg Live Recording" version right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post

... or not at all in my case. Don't set up drunk kids
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Go straight from the booth monitor output on your DJM600 straight into the line level on the zoom h2. As Jester pointed out, if you use the booth output you can adjust the level going into your recorder, to get it perfect. Leave yourself just a touch of headroom and you should be gold with crystal clear recordings. You can always bring up the level of the recording in Audacity, or even Platinum Notes, if it is too low, but you can't fix it if it redlines at the recording stage.

NB If you are using a laptop at any point in your workflow and you want to power the zoom via usb, make sure you plug it into the socket using an iphone charger or something, rather than powering it off the laptop, otherwise it can create a touch of low-level feedback.
    With the ill behaviour...

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    ... or not at all in my case. Don't set up drunk kids
    Ha! If I was drunk at least I'd have had a legit excuse

Thanks for the help everyone!

Ended up getting to tired of it all and just bought a pair of RCA to TRS cable, hooked them up to the rec out and everything sounded good straight away

Boom!

However the only issue I'm still left with is that the right channel is noticably lower then the left channel when recording, this was the case both when using main out and now with rec out, however this was easily remidied by increasing the gain on the audiobox for the right channel. Do you know what is causing this? The left/right volumes are perfect on both the monitors hooked up to the booth out and when cueing on the headphones, however as soon as I hook the mixer up to the audiobox and the computer the right channel is always lower. Must be somethign with the audiobox?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12