Midi Fighter Twister: Change Port of Step Sequencer

Default Midi Fighter Twister: Change Port of Step Sequencer

Hello,

I want to use two Midi Fighter Twister with Ableton Live, each of them controlling one Twister Sqequencer drum rack. But both Twisters are sending on Midi channel 8 and I can't figure out if it's possible to assign another Midi channel to one of them?!

Can I somehow change the channel for the internal step sequencer of the Twister?

Thanks for your help,
    Holger

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Did you try isolating each by assigning the MIDI From in that particular tracks to each device instead of leaving it to All Ins? That normally allows Ableton to only listen to a single device on said track. If it doesn't work out You might need to use Bome's, Midipipe or similar to re-route the messages on the second unit to a free channel. Currently the sequencer is hard coded to Ch.8 via firmware.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I already did that and its working so far but only in the direction MFT -> Ableton. The problem is the communication back from Ableton -> Midi Fighters because they both listen to channel 8. E.g. if I have muted one channel on both controllers and want to unmute it again on only one controller, the channel on the other controller gets unmuted, too. That's pretty inconvenient. It would be really nice if one could setup the in and out channels for the step sequencer. It seems like at the moment the only solution will be some sort of midi remapping, adding unneccessary complexity and an additional possible point of failure. But I'll take a look at the tools you mentioned

Default Working

Got it working, finally. Thanks to midipipe

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Keep in mind the sequencer was originally designed for Traktor. The Ableton project is just something I added unofficially for the heck of it so remapping it yourself would be the only way around it. Ableton can't discriminate between different devices when you are ding direct mappings.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Quote Originally Posted by hoga View Post
    Got it working, finally. Thanks to midipipe
    hi! i just bought a second twister and i have the same issue. iīm on pc tho, could you explain how to do it? i tried midi yoke, as midipipe isnīt available on pc, but with no luck