New Active speakers buzzing noises. How to connect to a computer and sound clear?

Default New Active speakers buzzing noises. How to connect to a computer and sound clear?

I bought a pair of alto tx10 powered speakers which have xlr input only as a connection. My main source of sound output is my computer with a 3.5mm jack. At first I bought a 6m xlr to rca then I used an rca to jack adapter like this Attachment 26901 But the sound was terrible and was having too much interfearence and buzzing and humming even at low volume. I then went to the shop and returned the cable but don't know what shall I buy to make it work. Does a balanced cable solve this issue? Should I buy a pa mixer to use balanced cables from the mixer to speakers like the Alto ZMX52 Attachment 26902 or a ZMX862 Attachment 26903? Then I can buy a pair of 6.3mm jack to xlr balanced cables and run to the speakers.

Please I need some help on this.

Tech Wizard

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/07...ables-for-djs/

Analog XLR connections are only for carrying a balanced mono channel. Cables are not balanced; connections are balanced. Plugging an XLR cable into an unbalanced output does not magically balance the connection. You should use a sound card with balanced outputs to plug into your speakers. Cheap controllers with built in sound cards tend to only have unbalanced outputs, but you can get a better sound card with balanced outputs for around the price of a cheap controller. I recommend a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Plugging the output of your onboard sound card, which isn't good quality to start with, into a cheap mixer will add more noise and distortion. Plugging a decent sound card with balanced outputs straight into your speakers will sound quite a lot better.

The noise you hear connecting to your speakers with an unbalanced signal is likely ground loop hum, which is rarely an issue with balanced connections.
    Last edited by Be0; 06-25-2016 at 01:06 PM.

I solved the problem. I bought a mixer and used proper cordial cables. From the pc to the mixer, I used a 3m stereo 1/8" trs to 1/4" y-adaptor to the mixer and from 1/4" trs to xlr male balanced to the speakers. This setup seems to fixed my noise problem because now the sound is crystal clear.

Systematik

I swear this was all you needed. 10923749_800.jpg

Yes but how can it split for two speakers when they are 6 feet apart? I needed the mixer anyways for future equipment.
    Last edited by Naughtvboy; 06-26-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtvboy View Post
    the sound is crystal clear.
    A good sound card is essential for good sound from a computer. No onboard sound card is crystal clear, especially not going through a cheap mixer.
    Last edited by Be0; 06-26-2016 at 11:07 AM.

The mixer I bought is an alto zmx862. I think it is a good mixer for my use.