Brexit? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I voted to leave and I don't mind admitting that I did it for immigration reasons.
    It's out of control where I live - there are too many that come here for a free meal ticket and have no intention of working - why should I be called a xenophobe for wanting to control that?
    We have that same problem here in the states. They come from their broken country and treat our country like the place they just left.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    We have that same problem here in the states. They come from their broken country and treat our country like the place they just left.
    I think thats a false notion though, because its not like they packed up a suit case, got an uber to the air port, and then hopped on a mid day flight to LAX.

a lot of people that come here are considerably well off within their respective countries. getting out of their respective situations costs considerable amount of money, relative to their income. escaping and being a refugee is expensive. youre not getting the lowest of the low from those countries, youre getting the upper/middle.

and plus, how do you know that they're not american? do you go up to them and ask them for a SS card and ID? or do you base it off how they look and the language they're speaking?

edit: and i mean this in the most respectable way possible. We cant get caught up in thinking the world is how we see it everyday. The world is a big fucking place, with a metric fuck ton of people. we cant think that the couple thousand people we come across daily in our relatively small eco system that we travel to and from work constitutes the overall workings of everywhere else.
    Last edited by Killing time; 07-03-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    Technics 1210 / Pioneer plx 1000 / Xone 42 / Adam a3x / UA apollo twin / Maschine mikro / Ableton live 9 / Maschine 2 / MBP Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015

This thread went down the hill pretty successfully. As i expected it to go. Guys living in healthy first world countries spreading biased opinions based on the irrational fear of losing something while there are millions of people who have lost everything.

"They come from their broken country and treat our country like the place they just left."

I hear and read bullshit like this everyday and it makes sad and angry. There a so many refugee camps in my city. One right next to my office and talking to those poor souls and what they had to experience back in their country and on their journey to a save place is just heartbreaking. Sure there are a few who abuse the system but the majority is more than willing to integrate for the time being here.
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 07-06-2016 at 02:30 AM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I misrepresented what I wanted to say. I apologize.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345