MIDI out issues with Traktor 2
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default MIDI out issues with Traktor 2

Hey guys,

I have some issues, worked many times on this but still no success, hope you guys can help me with it:

1. 8 pads each deck. I configured each pad to Set and activate a loop, from 1/8 to 16.
    I could not figure out how to activate and deactivate each LED, because when any loop is active, all the pads are lightening.

2. Almost same issue as 1. but this time concerning the remix track sampler pads. Pressing one pad sample enables all pads LEDs.

3. I have 3 buttons to enable an EFX, the MIDI out is working normal.
    When the shift button is pressed, these buttons send different commands, therefore I assigned these buttons to one shot effects like echo freeze. The problem is, MIDI out does not work, I cannot get the LED active when shift is pressed. This is dangerous after echo freeze, because it is possible to forget disabling echo freeze again.

4. I know it is depending on each controller, but does anybody know if it is possible to have a LED blinking? Tried some other MIDI/controller range values already.

My gear:
    Traktor 2.10.013
    Win7
    Gemini G4V (I absolutely can recommend this controller)

Thanks for help

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1. For the loops you first need to use a modifier to tell wether X deck is in a loop or not and then configure the output for each button to the specific loop length it triggers.
    2. You need to map "Out>Remix Deck>Direct Mapping>Slot X Cell State Y" and then assign it to the right deck. You need to do this for EVERY remix deck slot you plan on using. You can use a modifier to replicate the scrolling on a F1/S8/S5.
    3. Make sure you change the feedback for the non shifted state to ONLY send feedback when that is true, otherwise it will also pump it when you press the shift key. Might come in handy to toss in a "Send Monitor State" to the shift key to force an update.
    4. Totally up to the controller if you want it blinking while a deck is stopped. Otherwise try mapping the Beat Phase monitor.

Thanks for the detailed answer.

1. I need to struggle around with it.
    2. Tried this before and right now again. The only thing I can get with the pads is solid light on. Want to find a way to just light up when pressed. Can you send a screenshot?
    3. Cannot follow you because the buttons are already in two modes, depending if shift pressed or not. I mapped the buttons without combination of a shift button. Normally I would understand, when button A1 lights and shift is pressed and the button state switches to A2 but the light should turn off. The problem is, the light still remain on.
    Here is what I have right now and again, it is the same button on the controller C#1 without shift pressed and D#2 with shift pressed.

Unbenannt-1.jpg
    Last edited by khan.cross; 06-28-2016 at 01:15 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

2. Try with 'Cell State" modifier you can assign that mod to a command and then determine which state it will be using (empty, loaded, waiting (which is bugged) and playing)

I tried these modifiers before, no difference at all!
    What I just want is, let the LED light untill the sample sounds finish!

Oh, you can achieve it by mapping the '"Slot VU meter:

Add Out > Deck Common > Submix > Metters

No I think we are getting into a wrong way.
    Nothing of above things work!

This is my current situation:

Cell State should have at least two output commands.

1. Empty Mod: MIDI Range 0-0 (no blend checked)
    2. Loaded Mod: MIDI Range 0-127 (no blend checked)

Than Add Meter and assign it to Playing Mod.

That should do it

Ok I got you now Stewe!
    It is possible with just one entry as you said, but there was need to decrease the controller range.Unbenannt-2.jpg

It is quite complicated because both commands has normally nothing to do.

But thanks for now!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast