MIDI out issues with Traktor 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Stewe can you please assist me in point 3 also.
    I cannot get the controller to a different MIDI out state when holding the shift button down.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey, are you saying that when you press the Shift button the controller will change MIDI Notes in the firmware? (Hardware Shift)

If that's the case than you don't have to use a modifier because it is already built in to Shift buttons via firmware..

Exactly what you say!
    The reason why I mapped a shift button, is to handle the filter knob between filter and key.

Do you have an idea, how to handle the buttons LED's?

Well if you wish to map LED's to lite up when they are shifted just do that - enable Learn > Hold shift + press the button with LED output > Disable Learn.

No modifiers is necessary so you might also want to remove them from all your commands associated with the Shift.

Does not work like you said!
    What I did is, mapped the refering button twice, one without shift (F-1), and one with shift (F#-1), and no modifier assignment at all (see screenshot below.)

The shift button is only assigned to the fader knobs by using modifiers. For this I have a separate mapping.

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Here is a video:

Your screen grab didn't show any output commands and I can't somehow magically see what is in your mapping.

But I understand what you're trying to map. Can you please upload your whole TSI for me to take a look? I should be able to figure it out with your MIDI chart from your Facebook page.

Here is the TSI file from Deck B. Also check out the images - I marked the buttons w,th red circle. But same issue is with the pads, they come into another state if shift is pressed, but I cannot handle the LED's when shift is held.

There are no output commands for this issue included, as I could not get it to work. Thanks for your help.

deckB.tsi MIDI_Data_Conversion_Chart.pdf Gemini-G4V-MIDI-map.jpg G4V Midi Table.jpg

Gemini-G4V-MIDI-map.jpg
    Last edited by khan.cross; 06-29-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Tech Guru

Stewe, this is the point that you should start charging.

Khan is using you as a service at this point.

OK cool - what I did was added output command which I manually assigned to Ch2.Note.F#-1 and I couldn't find any duplicates in the mapping which means there is nothing else mapped in the Shift later. If there is nothing mapped to the Shift Note then the LED will remain it's first button state eve with shift button pressed down. This is exactly what I could notice going on in your vid.

Man now I'm sorry that I haven't bought this controller from my friend. It's kinda cool unit but no one really haven't made it to it's full potential in Traktor.

Because it is for deck mixer I'd arrange deck selectors in two for-deck formations (A, B, C, D buttons left and right from the crossfader are ideal for this) This buttons would also route FX to selected deck leaving all other three deck killed. This concept allows you to select any of four decks on both sides of the unit automatically solving A/C and B/D selectors which was an issue to me. What if you want A+C at a same time? Or, you can select a same deck in both focuses and have a benefit of two use cases in the performance mode (ie Sample triggers in the left performance section + insta FX in the right)

But that is just a thought

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast