MIDI out issues with Traktor 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImNoDJ View Post
    Stewe, this is the point that you should start charging.

Khan is using you as a service at this point.
    I could use some credits for the mapping- that would be good too

Stewe you say: "Add an output command" that will do the job?
    Tried this hundred times, it does not work! Attached is the TSI file, it contains only one mapping with 4 commands, like this screenshot.

Gemini-G4V-MIDI-map.png

deckB-inandout.tsi

And yes it is a great controller, I love it!
    First of all, I tried also Pioneer flagships DDJ-SX2 and SZ, both are awsome controllers, but the G4V gives me a better feeling and it can do basicly the same. Regarding the Traktor mapping, I agree with you, but with your help I am close to finish the best Traktor mapping available in the internet. I am not a scratch DJ, therefore I assigned the X-Fader buttons to different functions.

I definately owe you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by khan.cross View Post
    Tried this hundred times, it does not work!
    Damn it! Perhaps Atomix have those outputs written down in the software. I've seen this once while I was building this mapping Ctrl-7.

Do you know anyone else who has G4V and test/confirm that behavior? (to eliminate a faulty unit possibility)

I thought that but let me check that. Let you know.

I checked this with Gemini Support, their answer makes sense to me:

That has to be a mapping issue.
    Try getting Traktor to send a midi LED message OFF to those buttons while making the shift button a modifier.

I added a modifier to the shift button, and it is possible to switch the LED when shift is held, so the LED turns off when shift is held, but with shift pressed this button, the LED won't turn on.

Any ideas about this?
    Last edited by khan.cross; 07-01-2016 at 10:16 AM.

OK but, have you show them this thread? Because it doesn't make any sense to me.

If they can make this to mapping work:

Gemini-G4V-MIDI-map.png

Then you have a faulty controller.

I asked them again, also I will get another G4V in a week and test this with it.
    I found another thing in Traktor, did you ever had this problem?

This problem is on all effects, except 'Delay'. It is very easy to reproduce, maybe it is a known issue.

1. Map 1 and 2 buttons of your keyboard to this:

xy.png

2. Now start playing the deck and switch with between both effects with 1 and 2.

You will notice, that 'Delay' will be activated when pressed 2, but when pressing 1 the other effect will not be activated, there is need to press 1 again. It does not matter what effect you use, I have tested all and no one will start by pressing the key 1 by the first time!

Map FX Store Preset (Add In > FX Unit) to your FX Selector button.

Your Delay effect worked because you saved the shapshot while the effect was on.
    Last edited by Stewe; 07-01-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Map FX Store Preset (Add In > FX Unit) to your FX Selector button.

Your Delay effect worked because you saved the shapshot while the effect was on.
    Yes crazy that this was the issue. Sometimes it is very difficuilt to keep all things in mind, especially when there is no visual feedback.

Regarding the LED issue between different shift states, I have tested this with Virtual DJ because it is a Virtual DJ controller, and there it works as it should be.
    Therefore it might be a Traktor issue. It is the same with switching between Deck 1 and 3, and here it works, but there is a modifier behind. I think I need to get another modifier to do this, will see and report later.
    Last edited by khan.cross; 07-03-2016 at 02:42 PM.

Guys I fixed the LED MIDI out issue when switching effects on same button!
    I got a 'error in reasoning' (do you say that so?)

Let me explain:
    The G4V sends 2 different MIDI notes depending if the hardware shift button is pressed or not. But logically, the button has only one LED which is responding on the non-pressed shifted mode!

To have this LED active responding at both MIDI notes, 1st the hardware shift button needs to be a software shift by creating a modifier. 2nd map the button as 'MIDI in' 2 times for the two different MIDI notes, afterwards map this MIDI note with shift not pressed 'MIDI out' 2 times.
    So you will have:

Effect 1: MIDI in = Note F1
    Effect 2: MIDI in = Note F#1
    Effect 1 LED: MIDI out = Note F1
    Effect 2 LED: MIDI out = Note F1

Thanks to everybody here for helping me creating the best Traktor mapping file for the Gemini G4V on Earth! Special thanks to STEWE

I will share this mapping soon, just small adjustments and testing needed!

This controller is really amazing!
    Last edited by khan.cross; 07-03-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast