[House] Chris Woods - Coherent Error
    Tech Guru

Default Chris Woods - Coherent Error

Heres something new from me, rough mix down

Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Convert

there is a rhythmic element that is panned hard left that pops out too much sounds like a high hat.
    Ive never seen so much criticism on a Soundcloud waveform! Sonic Academy really has it in for you!! ; )

What Synths were you using? you could try maybe layering the lead a little more to get it a tad thicker

But yeah, good job man, sounds like it's all there!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sonome View Post
    Ive never seen so much criticism on a Soundcloud waveform! Sonic Academy really has it in for you!! ; )
    haha yeah, but its all constructive which is what i was after!, working on version 2 at the moment, i caught that hi hat and have added some more layers
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

christ man, did you ask them for feedback or something? thats borderline ridiculous

but anywho, i'll just tack on with what was said above about that panned hi hat noise... although you should fix it i dont think you should go and center it either... i got some good drumming tips from a drummer before who said that hats are panned a bit to the left to avoid the middle mess of having snares, kicks, bass, etc there... so panning them to the left really opens them up a bit more. if you use ableton, i always go 3L, so that way you can barely notice but they arent centered and cluttered as much anymore

as for the composition as a whole it sounding solid so far, i wouldnt really take their word on the creative side like arrangement, where to put elements, etc.. thats up to the artist in the end, its his(your) creative work.

Tech Guru

the guy that commented is actually a good friend of mine, and with his background i highly regard his feedback, which yes i did ask for.

i'll upload the new version in a day or two. Thanks for the advice on the percussion, panning etc, makes a good bit of sense to me.