Elaskins anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I cant ever listen to that guy he ..... is .... painfully ........ slow .......... at .....explaining ......things .......he ........pauses .......to ......much.

He talks like a BBC weather man he does that thing were they go slower....at ....the ....end ....of ....a .....sentance. And then speeding up again when he starts another .....only .... to ....end ...it .....slowly ...again.

Anyone in UK will know what i mean about TV weather men.

Im sure hes been a great help to many new DJs and thats cool.
    Hahaa the guy who does sky news weather late at night is soooo slow. It pains me watching him present.

Back on topic though. I just think he isn't doing justice to digital DJ'ing with his videos. I love what he does with his vids on the whole, and think he's a big asset to the DJ community. But it would just be awesome if his viewers could really get a sense of what the future holds for DJ'ing. Not just some half assed tid bits on traktor and a few of the shittier controllers on the market.

I just think a bit of collaboration would be nice. He's done some vids with other DJ's before at conventions and stuff. So why not with DJTT?
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

I must admit, i found this guy a few months after i started to "DJ" and it probably would have helped alot more if i had found him soon. I truly think its a nice way to start and learn some general info. Though by that point i already found this site because like most of us i youtubed "vci 100" and ran into this site
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Some contact was already been made. Don't know about the outcome though.

All I do know, is that several DJ community owners were shocked about the nature of some of the vids, and they would cause potential harm to your gear.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

I cant ever listen to that guy he ..... is .... painfully ........ slow .......... at .....explaining ......things .......he ........pauses .......to ......much.

He talks like a BBC weather man he does that thing were they go slower....at ....the ....end ....of ....a .....sentance. And then speeding up again when he starts another .....only .... to ....end ...it .....slowly ...again.

Anyone in UK will know what i mean about TV weather men.

Im sure hes been a great help to many new DJs and thats cool.
    yeah i agree. when i started out i watched a lot of his video's and at the very beginning his videos are great because he really keeps the complexity level really really low. he is obviously a million times more experienced and skilled than i am, but i sort felt myself going nuts for the very same reason as you stated about a month after having dived into DJing.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

No doubting his ability to take a newb through the first steps and no doubt that many have found his vids a great help. Certainly wouldnt doubt that.

Im just a very impatient person. I find myself finishing his sentences for him.

I still check what hes doing though occasionally.

Tech Mentor

I found him very very annoying without actually taking a dislike to him, it's like he's a newbie and he is giving advice to newbies, so blind leading the blind and he takes way to long to get to the point.

He does it better than i could but i have not tried and would not want to so just giving my opinion.
    MBP i7. Denon MC4000. Traktor Scratch A6. DDJ SX Serato DJ.

No doubting his ability to take a newb through the first steps and no doubt that many have found his vids a great help. Certainly wouldnt doubt that.

Im just a very impatient person. I find myself finishing his sentences for him.

I still check what hes doing though occasionally.
    Yeppers. I'm always in the market for checking out new gear and his videos tend to go slow enough to recognize potential benefits (and shortfalls) of kit.

Well he did rock out at that wedding with his sponsored gear
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12