Elaskins anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elaskins anyone?

I don't know if any of you know about this guy on YouTube. But he's like the #12 ranked guru on youtube And has literally millions of videos, subscribers and views on his vids all about DJ'ing.

He does videos about kit, techniques, tutorials etc.

Anyway, i was watching this video of his just now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SfT9ua_Ib8

The mixer looks a bit shit really but that's not the point of my post here :P Elaskins admits he's totally new to digital DJ'ing and seems to be completely confused out of his mind about the possibilities. This is where I think DJTechTools could come in?

I was thinking that Ean could maybe contact this guy and maybe do a video for his channel or something? Elaskins has a massive viewer base and if someone who actually new what they were talking about could show off to all these viewers the possibilities of MIDI controllers then maybe Digital Dj'ing as a whole would get alot more good rep and exposure.

Judging by some of the comments he gets on his digital DJ'ing videos he doesn't seem to be explaining how awesome midi controllers really are

The segment Ean did for that TV channel a couple of weeks ago was awesome. And if there was a video like that on elaskins channel I'd bet an awful lot of DJ's of all skill levels would be awfully impressed

Just some food for thought
    The Prime Directive - Electro, Disco & House
    My SoundCloud account: www.soundcloud.com/the-prime-directive
    My Design & Animation Website: www.mintyfreshdesigns.co.uk

Tech Wizard

the cool thing about djtutor is you can upload your own video, so if i were you - i would just "video reply" with a routine, be sure and get some smart knob action, and point him this way...

LOL

I do quite like this guy, but he makes me laugh, and its really ironic that he has so many subscribers when as well as not knowing about digital DJing, he constantly goes on about how he doesn't know much about scratching when demonstrating scratch products, and he also makes many factual errors and simplifies things to the point that it's misinformation when talking about sound systems and speakers.

LOL where as people like Ean and others who are really on the ball don't seem to have the same user base, although in Ean's case its growing fast!

k

I've always liked his gear reviews. He seems to be a straight forward 'old's cool' DJ.

Tech Mentor

He's just a really honest, charming guy who's very passionate about what he does, and for the beginner a lot of his videos are invaluable - that and the fact that they're all in one place.

Total respect for the guy!

I'm a subscriber for sure. Good general info and advice, he also gets the hookups with new releases and gear. Highly recommended
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Dj tutor taught me to dj with his videos. wouldnt have started without the many many hours watching his vids.
    Gear --> MBP 15" 2.53Ghz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD 4Gb RAM | DDM 4000 | UMX 25 | AK1 | AL7.18 | Traktor Pro 1.2.4

Tech Mentor

I basically learned how to DJ from this guy

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I cant ever listen to that guy he ..... is .... painfully ........ slow .......... at .....explaining ......things .......he ........pauses .......to ......much.

He talks like a BBC weather man he does that thing were they go slower....at ....the ....end ....of ....a .....sentance. And then speeding up again when he starts another .....only .... to ....end ...it .....slowly ...again.

Anyone in UK will know what i mean about TV weather men.

Im sure hes been a great help to many new DJs and thats cool.

Another subscriber here.His videos helped me alot when i started.He does a great job with the gear reviews also..overall nice guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast