Is Traktor 1.2 any good or 1.1.2 ok?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Is Traktor 1.2 any good or 1.1.2 ok?

I have not been using my Traktor 1.1.2 for a while and read a little about the last Traktor update and wondering if the update is worth doing or just stick with 1.1.2? I am always a little weary about updates.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Well some guys have had no issues at all with the updates, whereas others (such as me) have gone back to 1.1.2 due to some crazy issues. I'd update, but keep a backup of your 1.1.2 setup files just in case.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

How can I have both and backups like you suggested? Does the update override the 1.1.2 or just gives a new version?
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

It overwrites it, yup. I would also save your traktor folder in documents as well before updating.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You got a mac... you running snow leopard or regular old leopard? i got leopard and didn't have any issue.

1.2 smashes 1.1.2 in IMO. Well worth the update
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Are the modifiers section better? FX any better?
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Its definitely worth the update for sure, Some cool new FX and general tweaks.

You now have 4 FX sections instead of 2
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

I'm running Traktor 1.2 on Snow Leopard since the update and so far no problems

I should really get mapping so that FX 3 & 4 control decks C & D but the FX section in the mappings list is GINORMOUS
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    You got a mac... you running snow leopard or regular old leopard? i got leopard and didn't have any issue.

1.2 smashes 1.1.2 in IMO. Well worth the update
    WORD.

You have a MAC you have no worries.

All this 1.2 is shit i hear is pure fantasy . 1.2 is not more stable than 1.1 because both are rock solid.

Update now and you will see what all the fuss is NOT about.

You can have different builds on one machine , you just need to keep the executables in different places. If you want to do this check out HedgeHogs Traktor Tools.

Karlos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast