FB Live Vid Copyright Issue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by imthealien View Post
    So how do those digital licenses work and how would they avoid being flagged from a stream service? Just curious
    Digital licenses allow you to play music content that you dont own over the internet only. Whether it be audio or video streaming. It is however limited to a certain amount of streams, depending on the package you buy.

As far as live streaming if the service cuts your stream in real time, then you are out of luck retrieving anything passed the stopping point. All you can do is show proof of your licenses and the stream will be reposted. A good idea would be to email the service with your license info so they know beforehand.

Tech Convert

Okay so I was able to re-create the facebook issue today and to no surprise.... They are definately content matching now.

I spun mainly underground stuff and originals for about a half hour then dropped something rather popular (AC/DC - Back In Black (Acapella)) and the livestream was cut just as I thought it would be.

Here is the "learn more" link to my email (screenshot)....

IMG_6837.jpg

Last edited by imthealien; 08-23-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Isn't tehnology great.

Unbelievable, I remember times when labels paid radio DJ's to put their tracks on the playlist.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Convert

Oh and the technology thing is gonna get even better...

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...filming-a.html

This doesn't surprise me at all - Facebook are not going the kind of company to make the same mistakes Soundcloud did.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by sinthesisml View Post
    In general, it is illegal and a bad idea to play content that isn't yours. At some point livestreaming will crack down on this much like soundcloud cracks down on its content. I still livestream, but I have digital licenses from most of the content owners, so I can play whatever.
    Can you please elaborate on this? How do you acquire digital licenses from the content owners? Does this apply to Facebook Live?

Is this how Boiler Room is able to do their live streams without copyright takedowns?

Quote Originally Posted by ateezie View Post
    Is this how Boiler Room is able to do their live streams without copyright takedowns?
    I would imagine that Boiler Room are licenced up to the eyeballs and so can play what they like. My question is, for the UK, if I want to do YouTube or FB Live streaming, which licence(s) do I need? Looking at the various websites for the organisations has told me precisely nothing.
    Live rig: Denon Prime (5000M's)
    Retired: Denon x1700, Denon SC3900's, Traktor, Technics SL1200's, my vinyl
    Wish list: Some Roland Aira stuff.

Just use Youtube Live and share the link on your timeline.

What we have to remember is, we are still playing music created by other individuals. The rights to the music belong to that individual, label, and/or distributor. This includes the right to decide where the works are broadcast.

Most major distributors give you the option to include music in YouTube ID. This way, when a piece of music is identified in a video, the link to purchase is automatically added. Unfortunately, though, you will still have labels that prefer to have the music removed flagged instead of linked.

We cannot be mad at Facebook. At the moment, they are making sure there is no liability for conflict when handling digital rights management. Facebook itself is a service paid for by its advertisers so that you, the user, do not have to pay for the service itself. This means; If music is being streamed on the site while people are viewing or clicking on ads, the site is taking income partially from the music itself. This is where liability comes into play.

Whereas; YouTube plays in video advertisements allowing the site to easily choose not to play any ads during content which could cause any liability issues.

Good luck in finding a feasible solution.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12