FB Live Vid Copyright Issue?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default FB Live Vid Copyright Issue?

I was streaming a live set on FB last night and I received an email stating my video was stopped because it may contain content that belongs to someone else.
    Has anyone else had this issue while streaming? Is it already the beginning of the end for Dj's live streaming on FB?

what song did they flag?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

I was running 3 decks plus an external rhythm sample coming off the F1 at the moment it was stopped. I dropped a filtered accappella of K7's Come Baby Come that was redone in a studio by an unknown project and purchased on a Dj sample kit but i'm pretty sure it was that due to the familiarity of the song itself.

This online copyright shit is really f==ed up though. There's people covering songs, playing music at weddings...even singing Happy Birthday in their livestreams and those videos remain posted for the most part...

Just wondering if any Dj's have had this problem livestreaming some sets yet and have gotten flagged?

pretty soon anyone who DJs and produces will have to have a copyright agent present at their house at all times to make sure you dont accidentally play a popular song.. if you do, right to jail

Quote Originally Posted by imthealien View Post
    even singing Happy Birthday in their livestreams and those videos remain posted for the most part...
    For what it's worth, Happy Birthday is officially in the public domain now (in America anways. Set to expire at the end of 2016 in the EU)
    Last edited by overcast; 07-05-2016 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added additional info

It's a minefield.
    Very much like the Soundcloud stuff.
    I don't livestream, but have seen loads. A lot of bedroom DJ's here seem to do it, and kinda saturated the thing, and really, I don't want to see bedroom decor, a grumpy 20 something, smoking a cig, basic mixing, with bad sound quality so I tend to ignore them.
    If it's not that, it's a full dancefloor dancing to proud mary or some other girlie floorfiller, none demonstrate gear, skill or worthy setups, bar the exceptional (very very) few
    I'll deffo keep an eye out for it though, would be interesting to see if any particular distributors/labels are involved in killing the vids.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJAdeSands View Post
    A lot of bedroom DJ's here seem to do it, and kinda saturated the thing, and really, I don't want to see bedroom decor, a grumpy 20 something, smoking a cig, basic mixing, with bad sound quality so I tend to ignore them.
    I'm sure I've seen the same ones as you...must post a new video every day!

It was probably a jealous person clicking on report, or something like that, i can't see how else they would be on top of you that quick.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post

It was probably a jealous person clicking on report, or something like that, i can't see how else they would be on top of you that quick.
    ive been livestreaming 1.5 years now. Sometimes people will click report and it flags the service to look into what you are doing.

In general, it is illegal and a bad idea to play content that isn't yours. At some point livestreaming will crack down on this much like soundcloud cracks down on its content. I still livestream, but I have digital licenses from most of the content owners, so I can play whatever.

It's best to protect yourself by creating your own LLC and getting digital licenses from all the big content owners. More than likely you won't get fined, but if some a-hole content owner wants to make an example of you, they will.

Tech Convert

So how do those digital licenses work and how would they avoid being flagged from a stream service? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk View Post

LOL!! yea, we're on the same sheet mate..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast