Traktor - going back to a loop without creating a hot cue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor - going back to a loop without creating a hot cue.

So you're playing a track in a deck in traktor. There are already several hot cues set. You create a loop and it plays. You deactivate the loop and the song keeps playing. The in and out point on the loop are still there. Is there a way to trigger that loop again without having made it into a hot cue or saved it to a remix deck. I have read there used to be a feature called reloop in the old traktor. I am basically looking for a 'Play last loop' command

Anyone know if this feature is in traktor or can be faked?

Tech Guru

You just want to toggle loop active and it'll jump back I believe.
    Bedroom DJ | Pioneer DJM-800 | Pioneer CDJ2000 and CDJ900-NXS | 2 x Mackie MR8MKII | Sennheiser Amperior

Nope. 'Loop Active' doesn't jump, just activates the next stored loop the track runs into on it's timeline.

Track Deck -> Cue -> Jump to Active Cue Point (obsolete but works, can be found with cmdr software)
    and
    Track Deck -> Cue -> Jump to Next/Prev Cue/Loop (going backwards)

In conjunction with 'Toggle Loop Active' it should jump to the last used LoopIn/Cue Point and the Next LoopIn/Cue Point it finds going backwards respectively and then activate the Loop if it finds itself between a LoopIn and a LoopOut marker.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

"Jump to Next/Prev Cue/Loop" only works for stored hotcues now (regardless of them being one of the initial 8 or not) and will override any temporary cues made by non-saved loops. This used to be the way to do it tho but it no longer works.

Really? I always thought it worked on LoopIn and standard floating Cue points as well... :/

Then 'Jump to Active Cue Point' it has to be i guess. As long as the LoopIn/Out markers are visible, the LoopIn marker should always be the "Active" Cue Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulherokhh View Post
    Really? I always thought it worked on LoopIn and standard floating Cue points as well... :/

Then 'Jump to Active Cue Point' it has to be i guess. As long as the LoopIn/Out markers are visible, the LoopIn marker should always be the "Active" Cue Point.
    On older versions I think, but this makes sense. I've always used a cue, means I can keep it for another time.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Denon DJ/MC6000KMK2/Launchpad S/LaunchcontrolXL/Traktor Pro 2/Bringin it since 96.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

For the most of commands that are now gone I'm really missing the "Scratch" from Traktor 3 I think...

You could easily map it to button and create a backspin hotkey. Man this all sounds like a nice idea for the Blog Article on what old mapping commands would we love to see in Traktor again

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    For the most of commands that are now gone I'm really missing the "Scratch" from Traktor 3 I think...

You could easily map it to button and create a backspin hotkey. Man this all sounds like a nice idea for the Blog Article on what old mapping commands would we love to see in Traktor again
    This still works in Traktor 3, but you need to copy it in your TSI file with the CMDR Tool ...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by on4cet View Post
    This still works in Traktor 3, but you need to copy it in your TSI file with the CMDR Tool ...
    Yes, it is possible to import old mapping and this command will appear. However this command doesn't work the same way as before.

Tech Wizard

just tried this macro in TP3.2, and it does a reloop for me. No cue point needed.
    - jump to active loop quantized (trigger)
    - loop active on (direct=1)

EDIT: I've now uploaded a demo mapping of loop reloop, and a new loop backwards feature that manipulates the IN point instead
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/10252
    Last edited by djestrela; 12-23-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast