Kontrol S4 Mk2 issue + S4 Compatibility to D2?
    Tech Wizard

Exclamation Kontrol S4 Mk2 issue + S4 Compatibility to D2?

Hi,
    First off, I'm having issues with my headphone port with my S4. I've tried tightening and loosening the nut around the port but so far it hasn't changed the output. The effect of the issue is that I can only hear audio on one ear muff of my headphones, I've tried my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's and V-Moda Crossfade M-100's but it has the same effect on both of them. I don't think it's a headphone problem.

Second, I was wondering, since I tried out the S8 for the first time recently. I was wondering if the D2 was compatible with the S4, considering I like the LED displays on the D2 and the workflow of the D2. I'd like to see if they're compatible because I liked the feeling of the S8 but I didn't like the lack of JogWheels.
    if anybody could help me on both notes, that'd be great!
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.
    - Supported by River Accorsi -

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Regarding your audio issue, did you double check your audio output preferences in Traktor? If you did and changing the 1/8 to 1/4 headphone adaptor (if you are using one) causes no effect then your headphone jack might need to get serviced.

D2 works perfectly fine along the S4 but while you could potentially control 4 decks with just one unit they work best in pairs. This basically turns your setup into a S8 with jogwheels.

The S4 has a hardware volume knob. Try adjusting the headphones volume in traktor on the software side. That had me fooled once.

Systematik

Can you check if you accidently ''panned'' the headphone output in the Traktor Settings?