I am about to buy my first controller. What about the reloop controllers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am considering buying the reloop beatmix 2 mk2 instead of the mixage since the mixage is an outdated controller. How does it compare to the sb2?

Default reply

My first ever mixer was a Hercules DJControl instinct, good mixer for 100$ but still missing stuff, such as trim, pitch sliders and levels.

4 years later, I got the Pioneer DDJ SB2, awesome mixer for 250$, has all the stuff you need. I have it like for almost 2 months now, and I really love it.

I even hooked it up with my old mixer, because with VirtualDJ you can connect 2 controllers.

If you're on a very low budget, I'd recomend the Hercules, has all the basic features. DDJ SB2 is a mid-end mixer for playing in clubs.

Mixage was my first. I loved it, but it got limited very quickly. I like the reloop products but their buttons are terrible. I had to replace them all. There's a post in the forums from a guy in eastern Europe that sells replacements if you fancy replacing 40 buttons after a while.

If you want to buy reloop, but the newer one.
    I just want to play music and entertain people. The hardest part is getting people to listen.
    Got any Rihanna?

Mixcloud: House-Techno-Tech House-Rocktronica-Tropical-Pop

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVive View Post
    DDJ SB2 is a mid-end mixer for playing in clubs.
    The SB2 is near the top of the beginner section but it's now mid range device, that's where the DDJ-SR/RR, S4 and similar units sit.

If you want to buy Pioneer unless you REALLY want Serato look into the DDJ-RB since it includes a full RekorbdoxDJ license and you get 16 performance pads so you will get better access to hotcues, slicer, fx, etc. The SB2 is nice but to truly unlock it's potential you need to either upgrade your SeratoDJ license or map it to something else like Traktor.

That said, the Beatmix 2 is probably better bang for your buck
    Last edited by padi_04; 08-17-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12