Multiple Glitches with the Midifighter Twister, including on startup...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Multiple Glitches with the Midifighter Twister, including on startup...

So, I just got a midifighter twister that I essentially just use as a simple controller (MIDI CC out from the knobs and the switches, no super knobs, no sequencing, nothing fancy like that) just for Presonus Studio One 3.

I have two main problems that limit the functionality of the Twister for me...

The first is that it keeps not being discovered by Windows on startup. Specifically, when I turn my computer on the twister doesn't do the little startup animation, then it loads up and the twister looks fine but Windows gives me a 'device not detected' message. Every single time I want to use the Twister I have to unplug it and plug it back in and then the twister does the little start up animation and then and only then does it get detected by Windows and finally work.

The second and bigger issue is that in Studio One 3 I will instruct Studio One 3 to transmit the midi values of VSTi's to the MIDI Fighter Twister and this works without flaw on the LEDs that correspond to the knob but the long LED that corresponds to the switch behaves erratically. If Studio One 3 sends midi to the switches then I start to erratic behavior with the long LEDs where when I switch through different banks I end up with the LED Settings (the colors I choose specifically per bank) being all mixed up and even in some extreme cases the LED pattern from one bank being "copied over" the LED pattern over another bank. Also what I find is that when I am sending midi messages from Studio One 3 to the switches the little white LEDs that correspond to the knob will flicker slightly sometimes.

How do I resolve these issues?

Also, newbie question but do I really need to download and install a 'mapping' (as instructed here http://djtechtools.com/midi-fighter-setup/ ) for the twister considering that I just want 64 knobs and switches (across four banks) sending and receiving midi cc and nothing more?

Tech Convert

I'm starting to suspect I have a defective Twister.

I'm noticing now that I am seeing the light flickering that corresponds to the knob even when my DAW is closed and the twister is simply on.

That would explain why I've had problems I haven't seen anyone else talking about...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hi Tausendberg,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Twister. If you are using latest firmware it's highly recommended to perform the Factory Reset on your device to complete a new firmware installation.

Tech Convert

Huh, now that you mention it, I did recently upgrade the firmware and I never noticed any flickering before the upgrade...

But will I lose all of my settings?

I guess it's worth a try.

Tech Convert

Default Didn't work

I just did the factory reset and the flickering is still there.

It really does look like it's electronically defective, most likely a bad capacitor somewhere.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

This could be a hardware issue then. Please file a support ticket and we will get it sorted out for you.

Just a heads up regarding to loosing your Midifighter settings after the factory reset - you can use the Utility software to save/export you settings in form of .mfs file.
    Last edited by Stewe; 07-16-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Tech Convert

Thank you about the MFS files, I'll be certain to do that.

Question Same flickering glitch on new Twister

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    This could be a hardware issue then. Please file a support ticket and we will get it sorted out for you.

Just a heads up regarding to loosing your Midifighter settings after the factory reset - you can use the Utility software to save/export you settings in form of .mfs file.
    Hey, I just received my brand new MidiFighter Twister this week and I noticed the flickering LEDs within the first 20 minutes of use. I waited a day or two to search the forums and today I found this thread ––*my device still flickers, but all functions seem to be working perfectly.

Is my best course of action to also file a support ticket? Should I be worried about my device?

C.

Tech Convert

Before you do anything else, try installing the so-called recovery firmware.

https://techtools.zendesk.com/hc/en-...the-MF-Utility

If you still have problems after that, contact tech support.

Default Exacly the same problem on startup

I'm having exactly the same issue on starting the computer with the device plugged in (latest firmware march 2018). The midi fighter twister doesn't display the usual startup sequence with all of the lights turning on in sequence. only one encoder lights up. Then windows doesn't recognize the device - tells me it has malfunctioned. I have to unplug it and plug it back in and at that point it goes through the normal startup routine. I tried reverting to a previous firmware version (2014) and this solves the startup problem but I cant get the device to work properly with it. So stuck with latest firmware but with highly annoying startup issue.

It would be nice if this was fixed DJTechTools!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast