Music discovery with Trackhunter and free iOS vouchers

Default Music discovery with Trackhunter and free iOS vouchers

Hi everyone,

Music discovery is an area really important to DJs and is something I'm trying to make easier while retaining the fun of "crate digging". That's a difficult thing to do with digital downloads mainly because of the volume of tracks coming out.

I've been running an app called Trackhunter for a while now and it's the only thing I use to discover my music now. It's gets the music from Beatport, Juno download, Traxsource and most of the other major online stores.

I have quite a few other DJs using it too and lots of people report that it's great. Functionally it works a treat but I have discovered through a few workshops I've done that the user experience and it's "look and feel" leave a lot to be desired. So I'm in the process of completely redesigning how it looks and making it much more intuitive, professional and pretty.

I'm aware that people have their own ways they like to discover music and I'd like to make Trackhunter more flexible for those different ways of finding music.

I'm offering some free vouchers for the iOS version in return for useful feedback on what would make the desktop version better. The Mac and Windows desktop versions are free so please do check it out and if you have any ideas on what would make it better for you I'd love to hear them through the feedback section in the app.

I'm happy to offer vouchers to DJTT members so please leave me a comment below so I know who you are and send me some feedback through the app and hopefully Trackhunter will help you discover some amazing music too.

More info can be seen at www.trackhunter.co.uk
    Last edited by Trackhunter; 07-18-2016 at 11:24 AM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Hangs with my built in Soundcard, however works with external one. iMac mid 2010 i3, 12gb ram

Apart from that very cool app, scans through stuff similar to the way I would with vinyl in a shop hehe

The missing link between analogue and digital DJ track selection if you ask me.

Just went through about 100 tracks in under 10 mins ... Me Likey!
    Last edited by deevey; 07-18-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Thank you Deevey!

Glad to hear that you like the app, yes the vinyl style crate digging was something I was trying to recreate as much as I could.

I've received the feedback you sent from within the app, thank you very much, very useful indeed.

Thank you again for taking the time to try it out and send some feedback!

Keith

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Hoped it might help,

Attached is my system report regarding the soundcard issue.

It does not make a difference which sound card I use, the app crashes every time when I first open it.

If I change the default soundcard to another and back again the application opens fine.

system-rep.zip
    Last edited by deevey; 07-20-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Attached is my system report regarding the soundcard issue.

It does not make a difference which sound card I use, the app crashes every time when I first open it.

If I change the default soundcard to another and back again the application opens fine.
    Thank you deevey, I really appreciate the effort you're putting in to feed stuff back to me. I don't experience this issue personally and haven't had it reported before. I've grabbed that report and hopefully it will give me something to go on...