What do you guys like for controlling Traktor effects? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Novation Nocturn - been using one for years & it's perfect for traktor fx.
    SC | MC

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Twister! I like changing effects and having the knobs jump instantaneously to the right position.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The X1 MKII will only control 2 decks - no good for 4-deck mixing... (I think?)
    You can load a C&D mapping on the MIDI layer so it controls both that and the extra fx units.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Twister, with my custom mapping

The most user-friendly option in my opinion would be the Kontrol X1. However, if you want to control 4-decks with dedicated knobs and buttons to each deck, you should get 2 of them. Whereas the Xone K2 (similar, same form factor) could already control the basics and effects for 4 decks with 1 unit because it has a lot more controls than the X1, but you could be doing a bit more midi-mapping till you like how it's configured. I'd go for the Xone K2.

tbh, i love using the Kontrol F1 and mapping some super functions too.

Tech Wizard

Kontrol X1 is great, but really enjoyed using the Midi-Fighter Twister as well - lots of fun!

There was no mention of 4 decks from the OP but still... if I was using 4 decks i'd get 2 x X1 mk2s.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

After all this posts of Xone K2 I was thinking.... he just wants FX control, so why an audio interface?

Even better, get a Xone K1, its cheaper
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ragverp View Post
    xone k2 mapped..
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The X1 MKII will only control 2 decks - no good for 4-deck mixing... (I think?)
    Not trying to be rude, but as the title of the thread says, I'm looking for control over effects (and looping). To mix 4 decks, I simply use what is one of the greatest mixers ever built (MP2015) for my style. I need control over onboard traktor effects and maybe looping too, but then again, drag and drop is a quick fix for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast