Question about switching between vinyl and time code
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question about switching between vinyl and time code

Hi All!

Been a long time reader of the site but have never posted here before.
    I follow the site as I've been using Ableton and MIDI controllers for a while now.

I am going to be purchasing a set of turntables & mixer very soon and I will be getting a NI Traktor A6 so I can use timecodes with traktor scratch pro.

I really want to be able switch between timecode and real vinyl while I'm mixing without having to re-configure anything or change cables. I would be really grateful if anyone can answer two questions I have below.

The mixer i'm leaning toward is the Xone23.

My question:
    Is it possible to easily switch between using timecode and real vinyl with the A6 hooked up to the Xone23 either by mapping to a button on a midi controller or someway on the mixer itself?

If it's not possible with Xone23 is there a mixer in the same price range that can do this?

From google/youtube all I can find is that it is possible but I can't find what setting in Traktor does this or is it possible to map the switch to a controller.

Thank you!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

All you need to do is switch the deck from "Track Deck to "Live Input" when you use a regular record, then switch it back for timecode. This can be mapped to any controller you hay laying around or even your computer keyboard regardless of whatever mixer you use.

The command to be mapped is "Deck Common>Deck Flavor Selector"

Excellent, I've never used traktor before so wasn't sure if it could be mapped.

That's all I needed, thank you very much!

What's the signal path when "Live Input" is used? Does it bypass the ad conversion or goes ad/da?

DJ Tech mixers offer unique solution for attaching dvs souncard, having the possibility to switch to regular vinyl ON the mixer, bypassing the soundcard.

AD/DA. It goes into Traktor and then back out.

You can however set the audio interface inputs to THRU mode and that way it skips Traktor altogether so it would be basically the same as just having the TT connected to the mixer (like the DJ Tech mixers do). Keep in mind that in order to use THRU mode without a computer you'll need to use the A6's power supply.

https://www.native-instruments.com/e...or-audio-6-10/

Goes through coversion (so you can apply FX to the input). Unless the interface has a hardware switch.

EDIT: Padi beat me to it.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    EDIT: Padi beat me to it.

Can switching to THRU mode and back be mapped and used with a flick of a button, or it requires more wiggling in the settings? Hope it's not necessary to reconnect the A6 from line in to phono in on the mixer?

Tech Wizard

Been pondering this for awhile. Glad you asked the question and got your answer. I also just got a Xone 23 for my turntables, and coming from a DJM 600 you can definitely here the difference in sound quality. Sounds nice and crispy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast