Traktor S2 with two pairs of GigaWorks T40s?

Default Traktor S2 with two pairs of GigaWorks T40s?

Hi guys,

I was wondering what the optimal way to connect two pairs of Creative GigaWorks T40's would be into an S2 controller and laptop? The T40s only take in 3.5mm inputs, so I usually use an RCA to 3.5mm adaptor and a standard AUX cord, and this works with one pair of T40s no problem.

The controller takes in RCA, for which I use the RCA male to 3.5mm female adaptor. My question is, could I plug a standard 3.5mm splitter (like this one) into the female port of the adaptor going into the S2? Would this cause a notable loss of sound, in terms of quality or volume? Is there a better method for daisy-chaining these two computer speakers using RCA?

Thanks!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Use two of these, that way you have the left for the first pair and a right for the other pair. There shouldn't be any quality or volume loss, specially with multimedia speakers such as those.

Thanks for the quick response, sorry if this is a dumb question but these should be fine, right?

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yup, those are basically the same cable to the one I linked so you can save a few quid in the process.