Question about the midi fighter twister and linux (ubuntu)
    Tech Convert

Default Question about the midi fighter twister and linux (ubuntu)

since there is no linux version of the midi fighter utility that i know of , i was wondering that if i plug the twister into my laptop to run with mixxx and use the midi learning function to map it (i have not come across a shared mapping of it for mixxx) , would the LEDs still function the same? for example the position of the encoder LED and what not, or would i just have to deal with them either not turning on or being on but not doing anything.. i plan on paring it with my quneo to tweak the EQs and FX for a very portable and lightweight modular type of setup either way im still getting one, just curious if i would have to map the LEDs to work correctly or would they work out of the box

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can still control ring position, LED color, animations by sending MIDI Out by sending back specific velocity values to the respective CC or note (animations and brightness control might or might not be possible in Mixxx, not sure how in depth it's mapping interface is. The rings will work fine out of the box, the RGB ones will have pre-determined On-Off colors at min/max velocity so you might want to at least plug it to the MFU to both update it's firmware and fiddle with any settings you might need. The MFU isn't required for regular operation

Tech Convert

cool, thanks for the reply, im pretty sure i can find a friend with a mac or windows to let me update and use the utility to change the colors