Rane 62 Mixer - 2 USB Outputs

Default Rane 62 Mixer - 2 USB Outputs

Hello party people,

I have a question about the rian 62 mixer (which has 2 USB OUTS, for switching between 2 different computers with serato for example).

Does it allow you to have both outputs running simultaneously or can you only have one on at a time. So for example, instead of switching constantly between 2 different computers, I would like to have one mixer controlling 2 computers at once (when I turn the filter knob, I would like both computers with serato to be affected).

If that doesn't work, would I have to have one USB out and one Midi out to achieve the same effect? Just interested in how their routing works (planning some weird setup at home). Ta

Tech Mentor

It's a 2 channel + aux mixer so you can have at most 3 stereo audio sources from USB into the mixer. Each stereo channel can only receive audio from one USB at any one time.

If you need more channels look at the 64.
    Xone DB4 | Pioneer DDJ-SP1 | DJ Tech CDJ 101 (x2) | Serato DJ
    NI X1 MKII | NI Scratch A6 | MF Twister | Traktor Pro 2
    Sennheiser HD 25 II | KRK Rokit 5 (x2) | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    Mixed In Key 8 | MusicBrainz Picard | Mixxx 2

thanks rob. out of interest can the mixer be used purely as a midi controller for external software? ie taking the audio back out of the computer with an audio interface as appose to taking it out of the mixer itself (sounds counter intuitive i know) which is why im wondering if the rian 62 can be used to control 2 computers simultaneously as you are not taking stereo audio into the channels but rather just using it as a very expensive midi controller