Behringer Eurolive B212D
    Tech Student

Default Behringer Eurolive B212D

Hi guys,
    (first i have to apologize for my english)

I have an Traktor s2 and i bought a Behringer Eurolive B212D and i want to know if i can to connect the speaker to Traktor s2.
    I try it to connect with an XLR from speaker to Jack 1/4 into S2 and the sound is mono, the bass is very low, if i plug in rca into s2 the sound is more bad.
    Could anyone help me whit this?

Thank you!

Laurentiu
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Wizard

When checking bad sounds, you will have to follow the signal and check each part of the signal chain.

1 - audio file
    At least 256kb better 320kb compression. Best: get flac. Also make sure that the file is not overcompressed (if the waveform looks like cut with a knife, it's compressed like sh*t)

2 - Traktor Deck Settings
    all EQs to normal, Filter in center. Set gain so that the meter LEDs are moving but no orange/red

3 - S2 Main
    Make sure the master out is up, at 12 o'clock.

4 - Cable
    tricky, best is to get brand names (i.e. monster cables) and get it in a trusted store (I'm shopping on thomann.de)

5 - Speaker
    Set all knobs to center/default.

Other things to check:
    Code:
    * don't connect RCA and Jack at the same time, this will half your signal
    * change parts of the signal and see if it changes the sound
      - switch back to your previous amp/speaker setup and optimize the signal chain for best sound 
        (e.g. best file quality)
      - reset traktor settings
    * make sure no other audio software or audio tool is running on your computer

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by laurentiuivan View Post
    I try it to connect with an XLR from speaker to Jack 1/4 into S2 and the sound is mono, the bass is very low, if i plug in rca into s2 the sound is more bad.
    What do you mean the sound is mono? You need to plug each side of the S2's outputs into a separate speaker for stereo sound. Do not use the link output from the speaker to hook up the second speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by vzk View Post
    3 - S2 Main
    Make sure the master out is up, at 12 o'clock.
    No, make sure the master output of the S2 is all the way up and turn the speaker down. It is possible to get decent (that is, not objectionable) sound out of cheap speakers like these with proper gain staging and a decent sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by vzk
    4 - Cable
    tricky, best is to get brand names (i.e. monster cables) and get it in a trusted store (I'm shopping on thomann.de)
    Monster cables are absurdly overpriced for nothing. Any properly made cable will do. I do suggest avoiding the very cheapest cable you can find though, as sometimes those are more prone to picking up noise when they're moved.

5 - Speaker
    Set all knobs to center/default.
    No, set the EQ knobs to center. Set the level knob all the way down with the S2 all the way up, then turn the speaker's level knob up to the volume desired. The level knob on the speaker will probably not need to be turned up very much if at all, considering the S2's 1/4" jacks have a max output of +17.9 dBu.

There is a possibility that the input of the speaker can't handle +17.9 dBu (considering it's a cheap Behringer product); if you notice a lot of distortion with the S2 all the way up, try lowering the output of the S2 and raising the speaker's level. If there is less distortion, lower the S2's output until there is minimal distortion.
    Last edited by Be0; 07-23-2016 at 09:52 AM.